Vantage Point, 12A
Keep it in your codpiece, Henry
Sunday 09 March 2008
In Vantage Point, the US president (William Hurt) is just about to announce a "groundbreaking" anti-terror plan in a Spanish plaza when he's shot by an unseen gunman. The gimmick is that the film replays the action in the minutes before and after the shooting over and over again, showing events as they're seen by a secret service agent (Dennis Quaid), a tourist (Forest Whitaker), a Spanish cop (Eduardo Noriega), and several others.
It's more repetitive than revelatory, and it's certainly not the examination of truth that it sets out to be, so it's a relief when Vantage Point ditches the tricksy structure and gets on with the shoot-outs, car chases and ludicrous twists.
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Notting Hill Carnival: Woman shares selfie after being ‘punched in face for telling man to stop groping her’
- 2 Keira Knightley topless: Usually conservative actress does own take on #Freethenipple campaign for Interview Magazine
- 3 Oil tanker with $100 million cargo goes missing off Texas coast
- 4 George Galloway attacked on Notting Hill street by man 'shouting about the holocaust'
- 5 Brother and sister, Christopher Buckner and Timothy Savoy, arrested for 'committing incest after watching 'The Notebook''
Strictly Come Dancing 2014: Gregg Wallace joins line-up as final celebrities revealed
Great British Bake Off 2014: Ofcom receives 13 complaints about Baked Alaska episode
Best movies on Netflix UK and US: 32 films that will end your endless scrolling
Strictly Come Dancing 2014: Meet the contestants
Friends reunion: Jennifer Aniston, Lisa Kudrow and Courteney Cox perform mini sketch on Jimmy Kimmel Live
Robin Williams Emmys tribute led by Billy Crystal criticised for including 'racist' joke about Muslim woman
The Rotherham child abuse scandal is a tale of apologists, misogyny and double standards
Scottish independence TV debate: Pumped-up Alex Salmond bounces back in bruising second round against Alistair Darling
Do you realise just how foolish the UK looks?
Ukip Douglas Carswell defection: Tory MP jumps ship to join Nigel Farage
When elitism grips the top of British society to this extent, there is only one answer: abolish private schools
- < Previous
- Next >