You Kill Me (15)
Friday 07 December 2007
John Dahl ( The Last Seduction and Red Rock West) brings his distinctive brand of tar-black comedy to this tale of a Mafia hitman (Ben Kingsley) whose drinking habit has caused him to foul up once too often. His boss dispatches him to San Francisco, where he gets a job as mortuary assistant and joins an AA group, finding friendship (with Luke Wilson) and romance (with Ta Leoni) along the way.
Domesticating the mobster within society has become almost a commonplace, thanks to The Sopranos, but Kingsley's tight-lipped gruffness gives a lift to the mordant ironies of the script. Asked what he does for a living, the hitman replies, "I'm in personnel." "Hiring?" "More like firing."
[Trailer subject to copyright]
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Sabina Altynbekova, the girl branded 'too good looking' for volleyball, says social media obsession with her is a 'bit much'
- 2 Disney heiress Abigail disowns her share of family profits in West Bank company
- 3 The secret report that helps Israel hide facts
- 4 Israel's propaganda machine is finally starting to misfire
- 5 Zayn Malik on Israel-Gaza: One Direction singer bombarded with Twitter death threats after posting #FreePalestine
New Netflix releases: Films and TV shows coming August 2014
Samuel Beckett's biographer reveals secrets of the writer's time as a French Resistance spy
Best movies on Netflix UK and US: 32 films that will end your endless scrolling
Star Wars Episode 7: Simon Pegg hints at role
Star Wars 7: Plot details 'leak', with sequel's opening sequence and premise revealed
The secret report that helps Israel hide facts
Woman and two children killed by mob in riots over 'blasphemous' Facebook post in Pakistan
A day in the life of Vladimir Putin: The dictator in his labyrinth
Land for gas: Merkel and Putin discussed secret deal could end Ukraine crisis
Putin is 'thuggish, dishonest and reckless', says British ambassador to US
Richard Dawkins tweets: 'Date rape is bad, stranger rape is worse'
- < Previous
- Next >