You Kill Me (15)
Friday 07 December 2007
John Dahl ( The Last Seduction and Red Rock West) brings his distinctive brand of tar-black comedy to this tale of a Mafia hitman (Ben Kingsley) whose drinking habit has caused him to foul up once too often. His boss dispatches him to San Francisco, where he gets a job as mortuary assistant and joins an AA group, finding friendship (with Luke Wilson) and romance (with Ta Leoni) along the way.
Domesticating the mobster within society has become almost a commonplace, thanks to The Sopranos, but Kingsley's tight-lipped gruffness gives a lift to the mordant ironies of the script. Asked what he does for a living, the hitman replies, "I'm in personnel." "Hiring?" "More like firing."
[Trailer subject to copyright]
Swedish stars ask fans for £195 pledges on crowd-funding website
techLuke Blackall reports on precision engineered prams and babygros that monitor your child 24-7
Arts & Ents blogs
The 50 Best Christmas songs: Bells continue to ring for the Pogues' 'Fairytale of New York'
X Factor winners: Where are they now?
Dancing on Ice 2014 line-up revealed
Ben Whishaw to play Freddie Mercury in Dexter Fletcher film
Doctor Who writer Steven Moffat: Peter Capaldi is worlds away from Malcolm Tucker
- 1 Nelson Mandela memorial: ‘Bogus’ interpreter made mockery of Barack Obama’s tribute
- 2 It’s shameful that our universities have accepted gender segregation under pressure from the most oppressive religious fanatics
- 3 Kenyan politician Mike Sonko left red-faced after photoshopping himself next to Nelson Mandela
- 4 Exeter to Edinburgh and back in a day: How one fresher's lost bet left him facing a 900-mile round trip
- 5 Selfie at funeral: Cameron squeezes in on Obama snap at Mandela memorial
- < Previous
- Next >