The Swedish-language film She Monkeys by Lisa Aschan, a coming-of-age story about competitive equestrians, won the top award from the jury at the 10th Tribeca Film Festival for Narrative Feature.
Also, for Best Documentary Feature film, Bombay Beach by Israeli director Alma Har'el took the prize for the story about personalities at the Salton Sea.
Some other awards selected by the jury included:
• Best Male Actor: Shami Bizimana for Kivu Ruhorahoza's
• Best Actress went to Dutch actress Carice van Houten for Black Butterflies
• Best New Narrative Director is S. Korean filmmaker Park Jung-bum for Journals of Musan, about a North Korean defector
• Best Documentary Director is Pablo Croce for Like Water
• Best Screenplay went to Norewigan Jannicke Systad Jacobsen for a sexual coming-of-age story Turn Me On, Goddammit
The Best Online Award, voted on by viewers of tribecafilm.com, went to the feature film Donor Unknown, directed and written by Jerry Rothwell.
Cash prizes were presented by the festival's co-founders actor Robert De Niro and Jane Rosenthal, as well as artwork by Robert De Niro Sr.
The audience honors are announced on April 30. The Tribeca Film Festival continues through May 1.