The Belfast Festival at Queen's 2010
Friday 15 October 2010
Now in its 48th year, the Ulster Bank Belfast Festival at Queen’s once again brings an extraordinary programme of cultural delight, to excite inspiration and provoke thought.
Taking place across 36 venues throughout the city, framed by its stunning backdrops, the festival will bring together a line-up of internationally renowned artists and performers from all art forms, including theatre, music, dance, literature, film and visual arts.
Previous years have drawn performances and talks from such legendary names as Jimi Hendrix, Laurence Olivier and Dizzy Gillespie – but visitors in 2010 will not be disappointed. Ulster Bank Belfast Festival at Queen’s 2010 is pleased to announce a programme brimming with winners of Grammys, the Turner Prize, the Booker Prize, South Bank Show Awards and Olivier Awards.
Click on the image for a sneak peak at some of the events
A The film has amassed an estimated $28.7 million in its opening weekend
A statement was published on his fansite, True To You, following release of new album
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Michael Brown shooting: Amnesty International sends team within US for first time as National Guard deployed
- 2 James Foley 'beheaded': Isis video shows militant with British accent 'execute US journalist' – and warns Obama of more to come
- 3 Reading Festival 2014: Tesco branch replaces salad and potatoes for Jagermesiter and vodka
- 4 Here’s the damning letter Robin Williams wrote to his Mrs Doubtfire co-star's principal after they expelled her
- 5 Ferguson protests: 90-year-old Holocaust survivor Hedy Epstein ‘arrested’ by police during St Louis demonstrations
The late Peter O'Toole shines in 'Katherine of Alexandria' despite illness
JK Rowling releases new Harry Potter story on Pottermore: Introducing Celestina Warbuck, the 'Singing Sorceress'
Best movies on Netflix UK and US: 32 films that will end your endless scrolling
Reading Festival 2014: Tesco branch replaces salad and potatoes for Jagermesiter and vodka
Kate Bush: Previously unseen photographs reveal new side to comeback star
Isis threat: Cameron wants an alliance with Iran
Crisis? What crisis? A visiting US doctor gives the NHS a rave review
Scottish independence: English people overwhelmingly want Scotland to stay in the UK
Russell Brand calls for Israel boycott: Comedian urges big businesses that 'facilitate the oppression of people in Gaza' to pull funding
Ukip MEP calls for reintroduction of death penalty on fiftieth anniversary of last deaths
Michael Brown shooting: Chaos erupts on the streets of Ferguson after autopsy shows teenager was shot six times – twice in the head