Twilight’s new 'Dreamgirls' director for 'Breaking Dawn'
Thursday 29 April 2010
The fourth and final installment of the Twilight Saga films,
Breaking Dawn, will be directed by Bill Condon it was announced Wednesday. It is due in 2011.
Condon is the writer/director of commercial successes and independent films, from Dreamgirls to Kinsey and Gods and Monsters, which won him an Academy Award for Best Adapted Screenplay. He also scripted the film version of Chicago.
He also produced the 2009 Oscars and directed an upcoming series pilot for Showtime, a premium cable channel, called The Big C, starring Oliver Platt, Laura Linney and Precious's Gabourey Sidibe.
It is still unclear if it will be produced in two parts, like Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows.
The upcoming third sequel in the series, Eclipse, releases June 30, with Kristen Stewart, Robert Pattinson, Taylor Lautner, and Anna Kendrick.
Swedish stars ask fans for £195 pledges on crowd-funding website
voicesJust when you thought you could find a man, get married, and have a baby by the age of 35... it turns out you’re too late, says Grace Dent
sportNapoli 2 Arsenal 0: Gunners must now face either Real Madrid, PSG, Bayern Munich, Atletico Madrid or Barcelona in knock-out stages
musicAs Mariah Carey and Noddy Holder rake in the royalties from their classics, why there hasn't been a decent festive hit for 20 years?
theatreAuthor Daniel Rosenthal recalls the mishaps that almost brought the curtain down on the likes of John Gielgud and Diana Rigg
lifeFull of the joys and want to help your fellow man? December isn't the time to do it
lifeAs the Royal Mail plans to phase out deliveries on two wheels, it's no wonder posties are in a spin
techLuke Blackall reports on precision engineered prams and babygros that monitor your child 24-7
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Nelson Mandela memorial: ‘Bogus’ interpreter made mockery of Barack Obama’s tribute
- 2 It’s shameful that our universities have accepted gender segregation under pressure from the most oppressive religious fanatics
- 3 Kenyan politician Mike Sonko left red-faced after photoshopping himself next to Nelson Mandela
- 4 Exeter to Edinburgh and back in a day: How one fresher's lost bet left him facing a 900-mile round trip
- 5 Selfie at funeral: Cameron squeezes in on Obama snap at Mandela memorial
- < Previous
- Next >