Without including any of this year's Oscar nominees, the annual list of the 40 top-earning actors and producer/directors from 2010 was released by Vanity Fair magazine on February 2 in its yearly Hollywood issue.
Actors in the top 10 include Johnny Depp, Leonardo DiCaprio, Adam Sandler, Robert Downey Jr. and Taylor Lautner, ranked along with Steven Spielberg, Christopher Nolan, Tim Burton, Todd Phillips, and leader James Cameron, who made more than the second, third and fourth on the list combined.
The website posting provides a breakdown of the revenues with a description of film fees, DVD income, past film royalties, and ancilliary revenue.
1. James Cameron - $257 million ( Avatar)
2. Johnny Depp - $100 million ( Alice in Wonderland, The Tourist and Pirates of the Caribbean)
3. Steven Spielberg - $80 million (upcoming
4. Christopher Nolan - $71.5 million ( Inception)
5. Leonardo DiCaprio - $62 million ( Inception and Shutter Island)
6. Tim Burton - $53 million ( Alice in Wonderland)
7. Adam Sandler - $50 million ( Grown Ups and upcoming Just Go with It, Jack and Jill)
8. Todd Phillips - $34 million (
The Hangover Part II and
9. Taylor Lautner - $33.5 million ( The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Parts 1 and Part 2, and upcoming Abduction)
10. Robert Downey Jr. - $31.5 million ( Sherlock Holmes and Iron Man 2)
Twilight's stars Robert Pattinson ranks at No. 15 and Kristen Stewart came in at No. 13. Other women on the list include Sandra Bullock, ranked No. 22, Angelina Jolie at No. 21 with $23.5 million and Jennifer Aniston at No. 18.
Vanity Fair listing of 40 of Hollywood top earners with breakdowns: