Will Smith and son Jaden team up with Shyamalan
Wednesday 06 April 2011
Will Smith (
I Am Legend,
I Robot) has signed on with his son Jaden (
The Karate Kid) to star in director M. Night Shyamalan's newest sci-fi adventure, the studio announced April 4.
Shyamalan, Will Smith and his wife Jada Pinkett Smith will produce the project through Smith's Overbrook Entertainment for Sony Pictures, reports The Hollywood Reporter.
Set in the next millennium, the story focuses on a young boy who crash lands on an abandoned and scary Earth, and must save himself and his estranged father.
Previously titled One Thousand A.E., the screenplay is being co-written by Shyamalan and Gary Whitta ( The Book of Eli).
Will Smith is currently shooting Men in Black III with Tommy Lee Jones to be released May 25, 2012. The father and son last starred together in the 2006 drama The Pursuit of Happyness.
Final Top Gear reviewTV
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 BBC told new political editor must be 'impartial' with Nick Robinson reportedly stepping down
- 2 Number of young homeless people in Britain is 'more than three times the official figures'
- 3 The map showing the most dangerous tourist destinations in Europe, according to the Foreign Office
- 4 The biggest first date turnoff has been revealed
- 5 German man found living with 300 rats in tiny apartment
More Britons believe that multiculturalism makes the country worse - not better, says poll
Nathan Collier: Montana man inspired by same-sex marriage ruling requests right to wed two wives
Greece crisis: IMF was pushed around by Angela Merkel and Nicholas Sarkozy – and now it is being humiliated
'I wish the BBC would stop calling it Islamic State' – David Cameron unleashes frustration at broadcaster
Forget little green men – aliens will look like humans, says Cambridge University evolution expert
Girl, 7, stares down hate preacher at Ohio festival with pro-LGBT rainbow flag gesture