Saturday 24 October 1998
Touring at various arenas around the country from 25 Nov to 19 Dec. For further info, call: 0171-344 4444
Armed with nothing more than a pair of scissors and some coloured paper, Ennio Marchetto (left) will be bringing his paper parodies of showbiz stars (including Heather Small) to the Lyric Hammersmith. Marchetto transforms the ancient art of origami into an ingenious, fast-moving human cartoon strip. Described as a "one-man entertainment system", the Laurence Olivier Award- nominated artist performs in London for the first time in five years, so tickets will be at a premium. You have been warned.
Lyric Theatre, London W6 (0181-741 2311) 2 to 21 Nov
Arts & Ents blogs
Thirteen-year-old Conor awakes in bed one night to discover that the yew tree outside his house has ...
It’s hard not to feel sorry for doe-eyed Andy. He spends months pining after Louise, has huge nostr...
Fragility of life looms large over an episode that closes with the scarring on Julie's stomach. Whil...
- 1 Serena Williams apologises after comment that rape victim 'shouldn't have put herself in that position'
- 2 Disability campaigners celebrate 'victory' after government rethink over plans to make it more difficult to claim disability benefits
- 3 Bankers could face jail after report urges the Government to introduce new criminal offence for reckless management
- 4 Breaking the Silence: In the reality of occupation, there are no Palestinian civilians – only potential terrorists
- 5 We never knew Nigella Lawson - and we still don’t