Going Out: Pop Morcheeba
Saturday 31 October 1998
November marks a short, celebratory tour of England for this magnificent band who are finally emerging from the media-imposed shadow of the likes of Massive Attack and Faithless.
Live, they're a treat, with timely scratching from Paul Godfrey, dramatic incursions from multi-instrumentalist brother Ross; and, to cap it all, there's the angelic voice of Skye Edwards.
Waterfront, Norwich (01603 505401) 5 Nov; Colston Hall, Bristol (0117- 922 3686) 6 Nov; Royal Albert Hall, London SW7 (0171-589 8212) 9 Nov; Pyramid Centre, Portsmouth (01705 358608) 11 Nov
auctionThe first 23 lots have now gone. But there are 22 more still up for grabs
healthJames Bond's alcohol consumption puts him at 'high risk' of cirrhosis, tremors... and impotence
comedy'Fresh Meat' star sees off stiff competition from Alan Carr, David Mitchell, Graham Norton, Lee Mack and Sarah Millican to win top prize
musicPolice chief rejects rappers' claims that his work is as dangerous as law enforcement or military service
tvSpoiler alert: Find out the result of a heated final show
Beatles rush out 'bootleg' album to defy EU copyright law
Harvey Weinstein reveals his secret weapon on-set
Now that an oil trader's drinking has got him sacked, will we all have to make do with an afternoon latte?
Chiwetel Ejiofor and Idris Elba get nods for Best Actor, which no black Brit has ever won
Geoffrey Macnab reviews The Desolation of Smaug - the meat in Peter Jackson's Hobbit sandwich
peopleWhat advice would David Cameron give to his younger self?
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Nelson Mandela memorial: ‘Bogus’ sign language interpreter made mockery of Barack Obama’s tribute in Soweto
- 2 Mystery of Epping Forest 'big cat' is solved
- 3 French café starts charging extra to rude customers
- 4 Australia incest case: Severely deformed children found in remote farming community after generations of inbreeding
- 5 Physicists discover 'clearest evidence yet' that the Universe is a hologram
- < Previous
- Next >