Going Out: Theatre - ... AND BEYOND
Saturday 06 November 1999
Sunday in the Park with George (Haymarket, Leicester)
This daring Sondheim musical about the Impressionist painter Georges Seurat is directed by Paul Kerryson, who has made this theatre a Mecca for Sondheim fans. To 3 Nov
Baby Doll (Birmingham Repertory Theatre)
Bold revival of Tennessee Williams's drolly lubricious movie comedy about a 9-year-old killer.
To 3 Nov
Macbeth (Theatr Clwyd, Mold)
There are more productions of Macbeth this autumn than you can shake a cauldron at. Owen Teale, who played opposite Janet McTeer in the hit revival of A Doll's House, stars in this Terry Hands production. In rep to 3 Nov
Macbeth (West Yorkshire Playhouse)
Starring the excellent Patrick O'Kane, Jude Kelly's exhaustively rethought interpretation features some bizarre water sculpture. This comes in particularly handy for the hand-washing scene. To 4 Dec
Hamlet (Bristol Old Vic)
Colin Tierney's craggy, passionate wit as a performer should suit the title role in Gemma Bodinetz's new production. To 27 Nov
Children's bookseller wins The Independent's new author search
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Renee Zellweger on plastic surgery reports: 'I'm living a fulfilling life and I'm thrilled that perhaps it shows'
- 2 Disney announces new female-led film Moana
- 3 Banksy not arrested: Internet duped by fake report claiming artist's identity revealed
- 4 Australian café owner sparks debate after saying 'No' to having unruly children on premises
- 5 Video: Boxer Vido Loncar brutally assaults referee following defeat
Cameron is warned 'no possibility' of UK reducing immigration and that bid to bring in quota on migrant workers would be illegal
Of course, teenage girls need role models – but not like beauty vlogger Zoella
Residents should throw a street party and mix with immigrant neighbours, councils told
Russell Brand threatened with arrest after filming outside Fox News headquarters
London bus driver 'kicks gay couple off for kissing'
Support for EU membership 'at highest level since 1991 with most Brits wanting to stay in'