Hot Thing: Coloured Mascara
Wednesday 02 September 1998
Miners' "Double Trouble" (pounds 2.49) resembled cottage cheese once applied. "You look like you've got pig's eyes!" gurgled my flat mate. Not wanting to be mistaken for a Tamworth sow, I thought I should opt for something more colourful. Rimmel's bright blue (also pounds 2.49) reminded me of my school disco days and its nostalgia gives it full marks.
Other great options are the Stila coloured mascara (pounds 14), out this month along with matching eyeshadows in more grown-up colours like grey and lilac. Miners' other range, "Cry Baby", has very good purple and blue waterproofs for pounds 2.49. If you want bright, Sweet Georgia Brown (pounds 4.50) has a wide choice. Finally, for a great McQueen red, there is Helena Rubenstein's "Spectacular" mascara, (pounds 14).
Miners, 01264 350379; Rimmel, 01233 625076; Sweet Georgia Brown, 0171- 836 3955; Stila from Space NK: 0870 6077060; Helena Rubenstein: 01732 741000
Robin Thicke admits he didn't write 'Blurred Lines'music
Review: Cilla, ITV TV
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Scottish referendum: So how about the English now being given a chance to split from England?
- 2 Friends 20th anniversary: Alison Jackson photographs reunited cast
- 3 London council removes 'unacceptable' Stamford Hill posters telling women which side of the road to walk down
- 4 The response to my Pizza Express review has been overwhelming, and taught me a lot about journalism
- 5 Free U2 album: How the most generous giveaway in music history turned into a PR disaster
Scottish independence referendum: A nation divided against itself
Scottish referendum results: Cross-party consensus collapses amid Tory-Labour spat on the 'English question'
Scottish independence: David Cameron is becoming the 'George Bush of Britain'
Russia freezes Ukraine into submission: Kiev admits country doesn't have enough fuel for winter
Archbishop of Canterbury admits doubts about existence of God
Portuguese academic says British are 'filthy, violent and drunk'