Artist spotlight: Team Me
Tuesday 19 June 2012
Norwegian six-piece Team Me blend prog and indie sensibilities to make music that bursts with energy and ebullience, recalling the work of acts such as Arcade Fire, Polyphonic Spree and early Broken Social Scene.
Their debut album To The Treetops! came out in Norway to universal praise and was released in the UK on Propeller in March. Described as ‘so crammed full of joy it’ll either make you giddy with happiness’ (The Line Of Best Fit) it was a sure-fire debut hit.
Don’t miss Team Me playing Saturday afternoon on the i Arena at Latitude! And check out the rest of the music line-up here.
We catch up with the band to talk about who they would love to join them on stage and their weirdest festival experience...
1. Which latitude are you on right now?
We are in Amsterdam!
2. Who’s your must-see performance at Latitude this year?
St. Vincent, without a doubt.
3. If any artist could do a guest appearance with you at Latitude who would that be and why?
Maybe Bon Iver could help us out with some high pitched notes!
Maybe it would be cool to ask the guy from M83 if he could play some analog synthesizers on some of our songs?
4. Tell us a surprising fact about you
We are really into Norwegian Black metal and 90s european dance music.
5. What’s been your weirdest festival experience?
The Roskilde festival in 2002. Red wine; Icelandic girls.
6. Summarise Latitude in seven words
I do so love the line-up.
7. Fill in the gap, “Baa baa Latitude sheep, have you any ___ ?
G.I Joe Action Force Figures
Jeff Fletcher found fame in 1990s
'At times I thought he was me'film
Review: One Direction, Fourmusic
Review: The World of Ice and Firebooks
Film More romcom than S&M
Review: The Imitation Gamefilm
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Universities aren't working us hard enough, say undergraduates
- 2 Lego letter from the 1970s still offers a powerful message to parents 40 years later
- 3 To help fuel their propaganda machine against the poor, our government has now decided to redefine the word 'welfare'
- 4 Woman opens professional cuddling shop – gets 10,000 customers in first week
- 5 Grayson Perry: London needs affordable housing because 'rich people don't create culture'
Strictly Come Dancing results: Steve Backshall and Ola Jordan sent home
Iggy Azalea responds to Eminem rape lyrics: 'I'm bored of old men threatening young women'
Why are the words 'mongol', 'mongoloid' and 'mongy' still bandied about as insults?
Tom DeLonge compares streaming music to killing elephants
Marilyn Manson denies involvement in shocking leaked footage of Lana Del Rey rape video
Rochester by-election: Ukip gains second MP as Tory defector Mark Reckless holds seat
'Beast of Bolsover' Dennis Skinner takes Ukip MP Mark Reckless to task moments after he is sworn in
Rochester by-election: Labour MP Emily Thornberry resigns after posting white van and England flags tweet
France 'blocks' Russian sailors from boarding a warship
Exclusive: UK approved £7m Israeli arms sales in six months before Gaza conflict
Rochester aftermath: Sacking of Emily Thornberry will make work of Labour MPs '10 times harder'