Artist spotlight: Team Me
Tuesday 19 June 2012
Norwegian six-piece Team Me blend prog and indie sensibilities to make music that bursts with energy and ebullience, recalling the work of acts such as Arcade Fire, Polyphonic Spree and early Broken Social Scene.
Their debut album To The Treetops! came out in Norway to universal praise and was released in the UK on Propeller in March. Described as ‘so crammed full of joy it’ll either make you giddy with happiness’ (The Line Of Best Fit) it was a sure-fire debut hit.
Don’t miss Team Me playing Saturday afternoon on the i Arena at Latitude! And check out the rest of the music line-up here.
We catch up with the band to talk about who they would love to join them on stage and their weirdest festival experience...
1. Which latitude are you on right now?
We are in Amsterdam!
2. Who’s your must-see performance at Latitude this year?
St. Vincent, without a doubt.
3. If any artist could do a guest appearance with you at Latitude who would that be and why?
Maybe Bon Iver could help us out with some high pitched notes!
Maybe it would be cool to ask the guy from M83 if he could play some analog synthesizers on some of our songs?
4. Tell us a surprising fact about you
We are really into Norwegian Black metal and 90s european dance music.
5. What’s been your weirdest festival experience?
The Roskilde festival in 2002. Red wine; Icelandic girls.
6. Summarise Latitude in seven words
I do so love the line-up.
7. Fill in the gap, “Baa baa Latitude sheep, have you any ___ ?
G.I Joe Action Force Figures
Grace Dent on TV The Secret Life of the Pub is sexist, ageist and a breath of fresh air
Art Megumi Igarashi criticises Japan's 'backwards' attitude to women's sexual expression
tv Singer could become the most unlikely star of Westeros
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 I've been called an abusive and dangerous parent, when all I did was listen to my transgender child
- 2 Migrant crisis: Greek soldier saved 20 people singlehandedly off Rhodes beach
- 3 Sofyen Belamouadden murder: The inside story of a crime that horrified Britain
- 4 Company breaks open Apple Watch to discover what it says is 'planned obsolescence'
- 5 Ian Brady: Moors murderer announces his support for Ukip and the SNP
Poldark episode 8, review: How a costume drama became a Sunday night swoon-fest
Al Pacino admits he was nearly fired from The Godfather and it's still his most 'difficult role'
Warner Music owner Len Blavatnik tops Sunday Times Rich List
The day I starred in Only Fools and Horses
Peter Kay’s Car Share, TV review: The perfect vehicle for Kay’s comic talents
General Election 2015: Chuka Umunna on the benefits of immigration, humility – and his leader Ed Miliband
The sickening truth about food banks that the Tories don't want you to know
Migrant boat disaster: Ukip candidate mocks victims in sickening Twitter post
Nigel Farage wants the BBC to stop making programmes like Doctor Who, Strictly Come Dancing, and Top Gear
Global warming: Scientists say temperatures could rise by 6C by 2100 and call for action ahead of UN meeting in Paris
General Election 2015: Britain would become a 'communist dictatorship' under Ed Miliband and Nicola Sturgeon, claims wife of Michael Gove