Norwegian six-piece Team Me blend prog and indie sensibilities to make music that bursts with energy and ebullience, recalling the work of acts such as Arcade Fire, Polyphonic Spree and early Broken Social Scene.
Their debut album To The Treetops! came out in Norway to universal praise and was released in the UK on Propeller in March. Described as ‘so crammed full of joy it’ll either make you giddy with happiness’ (The Line Of Best Fit) it was a sure-fire debut hit.
Don’t miss Team Me playing Saturday afternoon on the i Arena at Latitude! And check out the rest of the music line-up here.
We catch up with the band to talk about who they would love to join them on stage and their weirdest festival experience...
1. Which latitude are you on right now?
We are in Amsterdam!
2. Who’s your must-see performance at Latitude this year?
St. Vincent, without a doubt.
3. If any artist could do a guest appearance with you at Latitude who would that be and why?
Maybe Bon Iver could help us out with some high pitched notes!
Maybe it would be cool to ask the guy from M83 if he could play some analog synthesizers on some of our songs?
4. Tell us a surprising fact about you
We are really into Norwegian Black metal and 90s european dance music.
5. What’s been your weirdest festival experience?
The Roskilde festival in 2002. Red wine; Icelandic girls.
6. Summarise Latitude in seven words
I do so love the line-up.
7. Fill in the gap, “Baa baa Latitude sheep, have you any ___ ?
G.I Joe Action Force Figures
- More about:
- Festive Events (including Carnivals)
- Indie Music
- Snow Patrol