Artist spotlight: Team Me
Tuesday 19 June 2012
Norwegian six-piece Team Me blend prog and indie sensibilities to make music that bursts with energy and ebullience, recalling the work of acts such as Arcade Fire, Polyphonic Spree and early Broken Social Scene.
Their debut album To The Treetops! came out in Norway to universal praise and was released in the UK on Propeller in March. Described as ‘so crammed full of joy it’ll either make you giddy with happiness’ (The Line Of Best Fit) it was a sure-fire debut hit.
Don’t miss Team Me playing Saturday afternoon on the i Arena at Latitude! And check out the rest of the music line-up here.
We catch up with the band to talk about who they would love to join them on stage and their weirdest festival experience...
1. Which latitude are you on right now?
We are in Amsterdam!
2. Who’s your must-see performance at Latitude this year?
St. Vincent, without a doubt.
3. If any artist could do a guest appearance with you at Latitude who would that be and why?
Maybe Bon Iver could help us out with some high pitched notes!
Maybe it would be cool to ask the guy from M83 if he could play some analog synthesizers on some of our songs?
4. Tell us a surprising fact about you
We are really into Norwegian Black metal and 90s european dance music.
5. What’s been your weirdest festival experience?
The Roskilde festival in 2002. Red wine; Icelandic girls.
6. Summarise Latitude in seven words
I do so love the line-up.
7. Fill in the gap, “Baa baa Latitude sheep, have you any ___ ?
G.I Joe Action Force Figures
After giving gay film R-rating despite no sex or violencefilm
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Notting Hill Carnival: Woman shares selfie after being ‘punched in face for telling man to stop groping her’
- 2 Miley Cyrus' homeless MTV VMAs date, Jesse Helt, is wanted by the police
- 3 Pamela Anderson rejects ice bucket challenge because of ALS experiments on animals: 'Mice had holes drilled into their skulls'
- 4 Homer Simpson has taken the ALS ice bucket challenge because of course he has
- 5 Do you realise just how foolish the UK looks?
Led Zeppelin's Whole Lotta Love voted Greatest Guitar Riff of all time
Doctor Who lesbian kiss sparks Ofcom complaints over 'weird lesbian-lizard perv trip'
Nicki Minaj suffers wardrobe malfunction during MTV VMAs performance with Ariana Grande and Jessie J
Homer Simpson has taken the ALS ice bucket challenge because of course he has
Beyonce MTV VMAs feminist performance: Twitter reacts to singer's 'double standard'
Exclusive: We share blame for creating 'jihad generation', says Muslim strategist
Robin Williams Emmys tribute led by Billy Crystal criticised for including 'racist' joke about Muslim woman
The Rotherham child abuse scandal is a tale of apologists, misogyny and double standards
Scottish independence TV debate: Pumped-up Alex Salmond bounces back in bruising second round against Alistair Darling
Jeremy Clarkson is a cultural tumour and needs to be removed, says comedian Frankie Boyle
Do you realise just how foolish the UK looks?
- < Previous
- Next >