Days to go: 12. A catch-up with Obelisk Arena favourite Ben Howard
Friday 29 June 2012
It’s official; Latitude is less than a fortnight away.
Time to dust off the tent, rummage through the festival wardrobe, crack open the pimms and blast out Elbow’s greatest hits at work. Festival season can now begin.
In fact, so excited are we, that we hunted down Ben Howard, our penultimate Sunday act on the Obelisk Arena, to chat about why he’s so excited to play at Latitude, where we’ll find him dancing late at night on-site and check out what he won’t leave home without!
Ben Howard’s emotive, alt-folk inspired performances have won him critical praise and his debut album, Every Kingdom, was a UK top ten. Make sure you are there for what promises to be a spell-binding performance as the sun sets on the Sunday evening at Latitude.
Listen to his collaboration with Naughty Boymusic
Film review Michael Glatze biopic isn't about a self-hating gay man gone straight
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Katie Hopkins attacked me on Twitter — so I reported her to the police for inciting racial hatred
- 2 Google April Fools': company unveils backwards search engine and huggable digital assistant
- 3 I might be an MP, but that doesn't stop me fighting sexism with my breasts
- 4 April Fools' Day 2015: The best hoax news stories from around the internet
- 5 Gamers confess the worst things they've done in The Sims
Katie Hopkins attacked me on Twitter — so I reported her to the police for inciting racial hatred
Street preacher quoting from the Bible fined for calling homosexuality an 'abomination'
Woman filmed launching racist tirade against men on the Tube for speaking in 'own lingo'
David Cameron calls Labour 'hopeless, sneering socialists' while announcing 7-day NHS plans
Revealed: Putin's army of pro-Kremlin bloggers
Katie Hopkins reported to the police for race hatred by Labour MP Simon Danczuk after tweet about Pakistani men