Latitude 2013: Five minutes with... Will Storr
Tuesday 30 April 2013
Will Storr is a novelist and an award winning longform journalist, who will also be at this year's Latitude.
Which latitude are you on right now?
Sum up what you do for us in one sentence for anyone who might not know…
Journalist, author and photographer
If you could give us one hot tip for who to see at Latitude what would it be?
Do you have any pre-show rituals?
What’s your best festival story for us? The stranger the better!
Last year at Port Eliot I ate Byron cheeseburgers for every meal
Tell us a something you’ve never told an interviewer before…
I drink at least 10 cups of extra strong Tetley a day
What’s your signature cooking dish?
What book/film/record etc. changed your life and why?
Julian Barnes 'A History of the World in 10 1/2 Chapters'. The chapter 'parenthesis' made me realise that writing could be for me, not just for grown ups
Knock Knock, who’s there?
The doorbell seller
What’s the best thing about performing live?
The pattern seems to be nerves-panic-elation-self hatred
And lastly summarise Latitude in three words
Hope there're cheeseburgers
Arts & Ents blogs
Britain's top vet sparks controversy with call for ban on slashing animals' throats in 'ritual' slaughters for halal and kosher meat products
Exclusive: Impact of immigrants on British workers ‘negligible’
Katie Hopkins continues campaign to become Britain's most hated talking head with poorly timed Bob Crow tweet
Ukraine crisis: Russia pledges to 'retaliate against sanctions' as Ukrainian president says Crimea vote will not be recognised
The quiet diplomat: Catherine Ashton - recognised and admired in all the world’s troubled countries, yet ridiculed at home
Grace Dent: Who cares if she spells it Barraco Barner? Gemma Worrall is more employable than some bookish arts graduate
- 1 Bad cattitude: Family call police after crazed and 'hostile cat with a history of violence' attacks baby before attempting to 'flee custody'
- 2 Family forced to flee home after discovering 'terrifying' nest of spiders in bananas
- 3 First Kiss: Filmmaker gets 20 strangers to make out on YouTube with awkward results
- 4 Grace Dent: Who cares if she spells it Barraco Barner? Gemma Worrall is more employable than some bookish arts graduate
- 5 Bob Crow death: 'Admired by his members, feared by employers' - Tributes pour in for RMT union leader and 'working class hero' Bob Crow