Latitude 2014: Five minutes with comedian Milton Jones
Tuesday 29 April 2014
The comedian talks to The Independent exclusively ahead of his appearance at Latitude in July.
1. If I could collaborate with one other Latitude artist it would be... Hall and Oates. We would remake their hit ‘Private Eyes’ and do it about he denationalisation of the health service.
2. The thing I’m most looking forward to at Latitude is… Hiding in a piano in the woods.
3. The worst lie I’ve ever told was… Telling the Inland Revenue that I couldn’t fill in my tax forms because I was illiterate. A letter I regret now.
4. My secret talent is…. Tracking trains.
5. My life motto is… It’s a global world out there.
6. Dream dinner party guests would be… Nigella Lawson, Fozzie Bear, Thomas Becket.
7. The book that changed my life was… The Bluffers Guide to Parachuting.
8. If there was a film about my life, my character would be played by… Whoopi Goldberg.
9. I’d like to get lost in the Faraway Forest with… Robin Hood.
10. What’s in your festival picnic hamper? My family.
What’s on your Latitude playlist?
“Sit Down” - James
“Man Eater” – Hall and Oates
“Lonely Boy” – Black Keys
“What you know” - Two Door Cinema Club
“Billy Bragg” - New England
“I Can’t Go For That” - Hall And Oates
“Elephant” – Tame Impala
“Green Onions” – Booker T
“Parklife” - Damon Albarn
“Private Eyes” - Hall and Oates
TV review Nick Hewer, the man whose eyebrows speak a thousand words, is set to leave The Apprentice
Film The critics but sneer but these unfashionable festive films are our favourites
TV We're so close to knowing what happened to Oliver Hughes, but a last-minute bluff crushes expectations
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Nigel Farage: Me vs Russell Brand on Question Time – he's got the chest hair but where are his ideas?
- 2 Harry Potter fans can apply to the Hogwarts-inspired College of Wizardry
- 3 Jessica Chambers: 19-year-old woman 'doused with lighter fluid and burned alive' in the US
- 4 Russell Brand calls Nigel Farage 'poundshop Enoch Powell' in BBC Question Time debate
- 5 Orange Wednesdays are no more
Peter Lik: The self-proclaimed 'fine-art photographer' whose work sells for millions
The best underrated Christmas movies from Love, Actually to While You Were Sleeping
Grace Dent on TV: The Lost Honour of Christopher Jefferies was a beautifully shot, immensely considered drama
The Lost Honour of Christopher Jefferies, review: Jason Watkins is brilliant, but real victim Joanna Yeates is reduced to a footnote
Marilyn Manson denies involvement in shocking Lana Del Rey rape video
Disgruntled RBS worker writes hilarious open letter to Russell Brand after anti-capitalist publicity stunt leaves him hungry
Nigel Farage's approval rating hits 'record low' as popularity suffers in wake of Ukip sex scandal
Nigel Farage defends Kerry Smith 'ch***y' comment: 'If you are going for a Chinese, what do you say you’re going for?'
Pakistan school attack live: Taliban kill at least 132 children in 'horrifying' massacre
Sony hack: Angelina Jolie branded 'seriously out of her mind' in further embarrassing leaked email saga
Panic Saturday: 13 million Britons spend £1.2bn – while 13 million others across the country live in poverty unable to afford food