Latitude 2014: Five minutes with comedian Milton Jones
Tuesday 29 April 2014
The comedian talks to The Independent exclusively ahead of his appearance at Latitude in July.
1. If I could collaborate with one other Latitude artist it would be... Hall and Oates. We would remake their hit ‘Private Eyes’ and do it about he denationalisation of the health service.
2. The thing I’m most looking forward to at Latitude is… Hiding in a piano in the woods.
3. The worst lie I’ve ever told was… Telling the Inland Revenue that I couldn’t fill in my tax forms because I was illiterate. A letter I regret now.
4. My secret talent is…. Tracking trains.
5. My life motto is… It’s a global world out there.
6. Dream dinner party guests would be… Nigella Lawson, Fozzie Bear, Thomas Becket.
7. The book that changed my life was… The Bluffers Guide to Parachuting.
8. If there was a film about my life, my character would be played by… Whoopi Goldberg.
9. I’d like to get lost in the Faraway Forest with… Robin Hood.
10. What’s in your festival picnic hamper? My family.
What’s on your Latitude playlist?
“Sit Down” - James
“Man Eater” – Hall and Oates
“Lonely Boy” – Black Keys
“What you know” - Two Door Cinema Club
“Billy Bragg” - New England
“I Can’t Go For That” - Hall And Oates
“Elephant” – Tame Impala
“Green Onions” – Booker T
“Parklife” - Damon Albarn
“Private Eyes” - Hall and Oates
Robin Thicke admits he didn't write 'Blurred Lines'music
Review: Cilla, ITV TV
To mark Tolstoy's 186th birthdaybooks
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Scottish independence: Ireland since 1919 is a lesson for Scotland in what a Yes vote means
- 2 Thailand deaths: Pair's bloodied bodies found naked on Koh Tao beach
- 3 Vogue under fire for 'Big Booty' article
- 4 Daniele Watts: Django Unchained actress detained by Los Angeles police after being mistaken for a prostitute
- 5 Kanye West stops concert after two fans don't stand up - doesn't realise one is in wheelchair and the other disabled
Robin Thicke admits he didn't write 'Blurred Lines'
Lego breaks out of the toy box and heads for the gallery
Cilla, ITV, review: Sheridan Smith embodies the young singer perfectly
Doctor Who, Listen, review: Possibly Steven Moffat's most terrifying episode
Tyler, The Creator says having new U2 album automatically downloaded on his iPhone was 'like waking up with herpes'
Daniele Watts: Django Unchained actress detained by Los Angeles police after being mistaken for a prostitute
The political class is doing what Hitler couldn’t – destroying Britain
Scottish independence: Nationalist leader Jim Sillars threatens pro-union companies with 'day of reckoning' after independence
Scottish independence: Yes campaign feels the heat as Alex Salmond's NHS claims come under furious attack
£23m Birmingham cycle scheme is attacked by Tory councillor for not catering to the elderly
Portuguese academic says British are 'filthy, violent and drunk'