Latitude 2014: Five minutes with comedian Milton Jones
Tuesday 29 April 2014
The comedian talks to The Independent exclusively ahead of his appearance at Latitude in July.
1. If I could collaborate with one other Latitude artist it would be... Hall and Oates. We would remake their hit ‘Private Eyes’ and do it about he denationalisation of the health service.
2. The thing I’m most looking forward to at Latitude is… Hiding in a piano in the woods.
3. The worst lie I’ve ever told was… Telling the Inland Revenue that I couldn’t fill in my tax forms because I was illiterate. A letter I regret now.
4. My secret talent is…. Tracking trains.
5. My life motto is… It’s a global world out there.
6. Dream dinner party guests would be… Nigella Lawson, Fozzie Bear, Thomas Becket.
7. The book that changed my life was… The Bluffers Guide to Parachuting.
8. If there was a film about my life, my character would be played by… Whoopi Goldberg.
9. I’d like to get lost in the Faraway Forest with… Robin Hood.
10. What’s in your festival picnic hamper? My family.
What’s on your Latitude playlist?
“Sit Down” - James
“Man Eater” – Hall and Oates
“Lonely Boy” – Black Keys
“What you know” - Two Door Cinema Club
“Billy Bragg” - New England
“I Can’t Go For That” - Hall And Oates
“Elephant” – Tame Impala
“Green Onions” – Booker T
“Parklife” - Damon Albarn
“Private Eyes” - Hall and Oates
Potter's attempt to create an Essex Taj Mahal was a lovely treattv
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Games of Thrones actor Lena Headey makes emotional promise to her unborn daughter
- 2 Isis burns woman alive for refusing to engage in 'extreme' sex act, UN says
- 3 Puerto Rico, island of lost dreams: People are leaving the debt-hit territory in droves as near neighbour Cuba's star rises
- 4 Female Muay Thai champion hustles coaches to give them a beating
- 5 Picture of couple posing with beached dolphin 'that later died' causes outrage
Eurovision 2015: Graham Norton returns with another cutting commentary - his best lines
Eurovision 2015: The best moments from Australia's random entry to Lithuania's gay kiss
Clarkson, Hammond and May Live: Top Gear trio returns with a blend of fireworks, AC/DC and 'automotive pornography'
Eurovision 2015 winner: Sweden beats Russia and Italy to take the title from Conchita Wurst
Eurovision 2015: Estonia seemingly enters Louis Tomlinson from One Direction
As a white man, I'm surprised more women aren't tweeting the hashtag #KillAllWhiteMen
Scotland may have to leave the EU even if it votes to stay in, David Cameron confirms
Report finds that Britain's wages are the most unequal in Europe
The day that Britain resigned as a global power
Almost a third of school pupils believe 'Muslims are taking over our country', study claims
SNP fury as HS2 finds 'no business case' for taking fast train service to Scotland