Latitude 2014: Five minutes with Ry X
The Australian indie singer reveals which acts he'll be listening to at Latitude when he performs at the festival next weekend
Friday 11 July 2014
1. If I could collaborate with one other Latitude artist it would be…
Right now.. maybe James Holden, or Nils Frahm - something to stretch boundaries.
2. The thing I’m most looking forward to at Latitude is…
Being a part of a beautiful community of artists and sharing our work.
3. The worst lie I’ve ever told was…
I’ve told a few..
4. My secret talent is….
My secret talent ; )
5. My life motto is…
Presence. live within it. Be compassionate and loving. Work towards finding joy in it all.
6. Dream dinner party guests would be…
I get to have it a lot with my friends and family, special crew I have amassed around me.
But would be really nice to sit with some other cats like Ravi Shankar, Kurt Cobain, Ghandi, Jeff Buckley, Mother Teresa. It would be a weird dinner.
7. The book that changed my life was…
The Tibetan book of living and dying.
8. If there was a film about my life, my character would be played by…
I couldnt imagine. It would be strange to see anyone do some of the weird shit I do.
9. I’d like to get lost in the Faraway Forest with…
The ones I already have closest to me.
10. What’s in your festival picnic hamper?
A good italian pasta, cheeses, fruit, olives, prosecco, tons of blankets and pillows.
Ry X’s Latitude Playlist
Nilhs Frahm - For
Cass McCombs - Morning Shadows
Tame Impala - Mind Mischief
The Acid - Fame
James Holden - Renata
Conor Oberst - Cape Carnaval
Sohn - lessons
Son Lux - lost it to trying
Billy bragg - between the wars
Mogwai - take me somewhere nice
TV review Nick Hewer, the man whose eyebrows speak a thousand words, is set to leave The Apprentice
Film The critics but sneer but these unfashionable festive films are our favourites
TV We're so close to knowing what happened to Oliver Hughes, but a last-minute bluff crushes expectations
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Nigel Farage: Me vs Russell Brand on Question Time – he's got the chest hair but where are his ideas?
- 2 Harry Potter fans can apply to the Hogwarts-inspired College of Wizardry
- 3 Jessica Chambers: 19-year-old woman 'doused with lighter fluid and burned alive' in the US
- 4 Russell Brand calls Nigel Farage 'poundshop Enoch Powell' in BBC Question Time debate
- 5 Orange Wednesdays are no more
Peter Lik: The self-proclaimed 'fine-art photographer' whose work sells for millions
The best underrated Christmas movies from Love, Actually to While You Were Sleeping
Grace Dent on TV: The Lost Honour of Christopher Jefferies was a beautifully shot, immensely considered drama
The Lost Honour of Christopher Jefferies, review: Jason Watkins is brilliant, but real victim Joanna Yeates is reduced to a footnote
Marilyn Manson denies involvement in shocking Lana Del Rey rape video
Disgruntled RBS worker writes hilarious open letter to Russell Brand after anti-capitalist publicity stunt leaves him hungry
Nigel Farage's approval rating hits 'record low' as popularity suffers in wake of Ukip sex scandal
Nigel Farage defends Kerry Smith 'ch***y' comment: 'If you are going for a Chinese, what do you say you’re going for?'
Pakistan school attack live: Taliban kill at least 132 children in 'horrifying' massacre
Sony hack: Angelina Jolie branded 'seriously out of her mind' in further embarrassing leaked email saga
Panic Saturday: 13 million Britons spend £1.2bn – while 13 million others across the country live in poverty unable to afford food