Latitude 2014: Five minutes with...James
Friday 16 May 2014
Tim Booth of James reveals his favourite artists playing at Latitude ahead of the festival:
1. If I could collaborate with one other Latitude artist it would be…
I spit on your “ONE” artist monogamy. I’m polyamorous!
2. The thing I’m most looking forward to at Latitude is…
3. The worst lie I’ve ever told was…
‘I don't lie’.
4. My secret talent is….
Juggling chainsaws on a unicycle.
5. My life motto is…
Do everything at least once.
6. Dream dinner party guests would be…
Einstein, Lennon, Kate Shela, Eno, Regina Spektor, Shakespeare, David Mitchell (the author), Doris Lessing, Eddie Izzard, Bill Hicks, Gabrielle Roth.
7. The book that changed my life was…
Doris Lessing's “Shikasta” but it may be dated now. My favorite book is “Cloud Atlas” by David Mitchell.
8. If there was a film about my life, my character would be played by…
9. I’d like to get lost in the Faraway Forest with…
Bear Grylls or Carey Mulligan - depending on how dangerous the forest was.
10. What’s in your festival picnic hamper?
Ear plugs, wellies, condoms, white chocolate, massage oil, triangular shaped cucumber sandwiches, Carey Mulligan (this is a cry for help).
What’s on your Latitude playlist?
Better Stop Sobbing - Chrissie Hynde
Everlasting Light – Black Keys
Now You Are Free – Augistines
Never Gonna Love Again – Lykke Li
Test Of Time – Temples
Song For Zula – Phosphoresent
Keep On Lying – Tame Impala
My Silver Lining - First Aid Kit
The state of independence - Chrissie Hynde
Hungry Face - Mogwai
tv Review: Miranda Hart and co deliver the festive goods
tvReview: Older generation get hot under the collar this Christmas
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 President of Argentina adopts Jewish godson to 'stop him turning into a werewolf'
- 2 The 'Black Museum': After 150 years, public set to see exhibits from police’s grisly crime museum
- 3 Stoke-on-Trent becomes first British city to be classified as 'disaster resilient' by the United Nations
- 4 Sir Winston Churchill’s family begged him not to convert to Islam, letter reveals
- 5 UK weather: 'Coldest night of the year' tonight as freezing temperatures plummet to -10C
Downton Abbey Christmas special 2014, review: Love is everywhere, actually
The Boy in the Dress, TV review: David Walliams' Boxing Day treat is a celebration of being different
Exodus: Gods and Kings banned in the UAE for 'religious mistakes'
Game of Thrones is most-pirated TV show of 2014
Doctor Who and the BBC 'promoting a gay agenda', viewers complain
Millions of Britons struggling to feed themselves and facing malnourishment
British actor Idris Elba cannot star as James Bond because he is black, says shock jock Rush Limbaugh
Ukip member gets into Christmas spirit with Union Flag plea to Santa 'for our country back'
Germany anti-Islam protests: 17,000 march on Dresden against 'Islamification of the West'
Nigel Farage: Ukip leader named 'Briton of the year' by The Times
Immigrants make UK racist, says Ukip councillor Trevor Shonk