Latitude 2014: Five minutes with...James
Friday 16 May 2014
Tim Booth of James reveals his favourite artists playing at Latitude ahead of the festival:
1. If I could collaborate with one other Latitude artist it would be…
I spit on your “ONE” artist monogamy. I’m polyamorous!
2. The thing I’m most looking forward to at Latitude is…
3. The worst lie I’ve ever told was…
‘I don't lie’.
4. My secret talent is….
Juggling chainsaws on a unicycle.
5. My life motto is…
Do everything at least once.
6. Dream dinner party guests would be…
Einstein, Lennon, Kate Shela, Eno, Regina Spektor, Shakespeare, David Mitchell (the author), Doris Lessing, Eddie Izzard, Bill Hicks, Gabrielle Roth.
7. The book that changed my life was…
Doris Lessing's “Shikasta” but it may be dated now. My favorite book is “Cloud Atlas” by David Mitchell.
8. If there was a film about my life, my character would be played by…
9. I’d like to get lost in the Faraway Forest with…
Bear Grylls or Carey Mulligan - depending on how dangerous the forest was.
10. What’s in your festival picnic hamper?
Ear plugs, wellies, condoms, white chocolate, massage oil, triangular shaped cucumber sandwiches, Carey Mulligan (this is a cry for help).
What’s on your Latitude playlist?
Better Stop Sobbing - Chrissie Hynde
Everlasting Light – Black Keys
Now You Are Free – Augistines
Never Gonna Love Again – Lykke Li
Test Of Time – Temples
Song For Zula – Phosphoresent
Keep On Lying – Tame Impala
My Silver Lining - First Aid Kit
The state of independence - Chrissie Hynde
Hungry Face - Mogwai
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Snoop Dogg and Jared Leto buy a stake in Reddit as A-list invests $50m
- 2 Prince held a Facebook Q&A and this is the only question he answered...
- 3 'F*ck it, I quit': KTVA reporter Charlo Greene quits live on air in spectacular fashion
- 4 35,000 walrus gather ashore on north-west Alaska beach 'for a rest'
- 5 A teacher speaks out: 'I'm effectively being forced out of a career that I wanted to love'
Ed Sheeran dedicates song to David Cameron
Star Wars 7: David Fincher's sequel idea sounds a lot more intriguing
Tom and Jerry cartoons now carry a 'racial prejudice' warning on Amazon
Great British Bake Off, semi-final, review: Richard remains the baker to beat as Chetna begins to flake
'Before They Pass Away': Endangered communities photographed 'like Kate Moss'
Exclusive: 'Putin's Russia has been my biggest regret,' says Nato's outgoing Secretary General
The Osborne Ultimatum: Chancellor’s benefits freeze bombshell will affect ten million households
There’s no excuse for Dave Lee Travis’s behaviour, but we need to keep a sense of proportion
Should gay sex be illegal? 16% of Britons think so
Mark Reckless becomes second Tory MP to defect to Ukip in a month
Benefits 'smart cards' plan revealed by Iain Duncan Smith to stop claimants spending welfare money on alcohol
- < Previous
- Next >