Latitude 2014: Five minutes with...James
Friday 16 May 2014
Tim Booth of James reveals his favourite artists playing at Latitude ahead of the festival:
1. If I could collaborate with one other Latitude artist it would be…
I spit on your “ONE” artist monogamy. I’m polyamorous!
2. The thing I’m most looking forward to at Latitude is…
3. The worst lie I’ve ever told was…
‘I don't lie’.
4. My secret talent is….
Juggling chainsaws on a unicycle.
5. My life motto is…
Do everything at least once.
6. Dream dinner party guests would be…
Einstein, Lennon, Kate Shela, Eno, Regina Spektor, Shakespeare, David Mitchell (the author), Doris Lessing, Eddie Izzard, Bill Hicks, Gabrielle Roth.
7. The book that changed my life was…
Doris Lessing's “Shikasta” but it may be dated now. My favorite book is “Cloud Atlas” by David Mitchell.
8. If there was a film about my life, my character would be played by…
9. I’d like to get lost in the Faraway Forest with…
Bear Grylls or Carey Mulligan - depending on how dangerous the forest was.
10. What’s in your festival picnic hamper?
Ear plugs, wellies, condoms, white chocolate, massage oil, triangular shaped cucumber sandwiches, Carey Mulligan (this is a cry for help).
What’s on your Latitude playlist?
Better Stop Sobbing - Chrissie Hynde
Everlasting Light – Black Keys
Now You Are Free – Augistines
Never Gonna Love Again – Lykke Li
Test Of Time – Temples
Song For Zula – Phosphoresent
Keep On Lying – Tame Impala
My Silver Lining - First Aid Kit
The state of independence - Chrissie Hynde
Hungry Face - Mogwai
BBC Trust agrees to axe channel from TV in favour of digital moveTV
Final Top Gear reviewTV
FestivalsFive ways to avoid the portable toilets
Jurassic WorldThe results are completely brilliant
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 David Cameron refers to 83-year-old Labour MP Dennis Skinner as 'Jurassic Park'
- 2 iPhone 7 (or iPhone 6S) leaked pictures show similarities to older model — but Apple is fixing the biggest issue of all
- 3 Russell Brand condemns moment of silence for Tunisia attack victims as 'minute of bulls**t'
- 4 'Help me I'm trapped in a factory' messages keep being found on bottles of vitamin water
- 5 Alwaleed bin Talal: Saudi Prince to donate entire $32bn fortune to charity
Game of Thrones season 6: Daenerys actress Emilia Clarke says '50/50 chance' Jon Snow is alive
Amy, film review: Beautiful film reveals ugly truth behind singer's downward spiral
'Dukes of Hazzard' pulled from screens by CBS as outcry over Confederate flag grows
London Has Fallen trailer release branded 'extremely insensitive' ahead of 10th anniversary of 7/7 bombings
What if Nicolas Cage played every character in Game of Thrones?
The moment a Queen's Guard soldier lost it and drew his gun at annoying tourist
Greece crisis: IMF was pushed around by Angela Merkel and Nicholas Sarkozy – and now it is being humiliated
'I wish the BBC would stop calling it Islamic State' – David Cameron unleashes frustration at broadcaster
Greece crisis: The wider lesson is that it’s time to abandon this failed experiment in currencies
Girl, 7, stares down hate preacher at Ohio festival with pro-LGBT rainbow flag gesture
Forget little green men – aliens will look like humans, says Cambridge University evolution expert