Latitude 2014...Five minutes with Jayhawks' Gary Louris
The singer and guitarist reveals what would be in his music festival hamper
Wednesday 04 June 2014
1. If I could collaborate with one other Latitude artist it would be…
Parquet Courts….we might be known for Americana but NY 70’s punk rock is my wheelhouse
2. The thing I’m most looking forward to at Latitude is…
Getting out of the snow…it has been a long winter
3. The worst lie I’ve ever told was…
I like country music
4. My secret talent is….
I am an incredible recycler 5. My life motto is… I’m afraid that answer keeps evolving 6. Dream dinner party guests would be… Nico, John Updike, Pistol Pete Maravich, Skip Spence, Bill Fay
7. The book that changed my life was…
The Beautiful and The Damned by F. Scott Fitzgerald
8. If there was a film about my life, my character would be played by…
Gary Oldham or the guy from Napoleon Dynamite
9. I’d like to get lost in the Faraway Forest with…
Terri Hatcher and Natalie Wood
10. What’s in your festival picnic hamper?
Jelly beans, peanut butter and milk chocolate, and coconut water
Game of Thrones
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 More than 11,000 Icelanders offer to house Syrian refugees to help European crisis
- 2 If these extraordinarily powerful images of a dead Syrian child washed up on a beach don't change Europe's attitude to refugees, what will?
- 3 Senior British politicians tell David Cameron: When dead children are being washed up on beaches – it's time to act
- 4 Make your voice heard: Sign The Independent's petition to welcome refugees
- 5 Refugee crisis: Aylan's life was full of fear - in death, he is part of 'humanity washed ashore'
The real reason Eddie Redmayne was cast as a trans woman in The Danish Girl
First Look at Bryan Cranston transformed into LBJ for HBO’s ‘All the Way’ film
Idris Elba is ‘too street’ to play 007, says James Bond author
This little boy loves books so much that he cries when his mother stops reading to him
Prog rock finally comes of age with launch of the first Official Progressive Chart
Climate change: 2015 will be the hottest year on record 'by a mile', experts say
Senior British politicians tell David Cameron: When dead children are being washed up on beaches – it's time to act
Jeremy Corbyn calls Osama bin Laden's killing a 'tragedy' - but was it taken out of context?
If these extraordinarily powerful images of a dead Syrian child washed up on a beach don't change Europe's attitude to refugees, what will?
If you're not already angry about the refugee crisis, here's a history lesson to remind you why you really should be
Theresa May says migrants should be banned from entering the UK unless they have jobs lined up