LEST WE FORGET BRIAN AUGER
Saturday 12 October 1996
As young bands like Oasis and Kula Shaker demonstrate, old music can be pretty cool, too. We've been through the Beatles, the Kinks, the glam revival. Could Jazz rock fusion be next? Check out Brian Auger and his latest Oblivion Express, a band which he first formed in 1970. Auger is a true fusion pioneer, once voted best jazz organist in the world, a Grammy nominee and a musician who has been in and out of the limelight... and survived.
Jazz Cafe, 5 Parkway, London NW1 (0171-344 0044). 18, 19 Oct, doors open 7pm, pounds 10.50 adv, pounds 12 door
Mountain goats miraculously survive avalanche in the Alps
Skyfall's Ben Whishaw confirmed for Freddie Mercury film
Arts & Ents blogs
The 50 Best Christmas songs: Bells continue to ring for the Pogues' 'Fairytale of New York'
Downton Abbey Christmas special 2013: New pictures released
Back from the dead? Family Guy's Brian Griffin 'to make a comeback' after fan petition
Emma Stone: 'Dating Andrew Garfield makes living in LA a lot less fun'
Katie Hopkins mocks name of sick girl Kaychanel featured in X Factor charity appeal
- 1 Mountain goats' miraculous escape from avalanche captured in dramatic video footage
- 2 Gurdwaras-turned-food banks: Sikh temples are catering for rise in Britain’s hungry
- 3 Kenyan politician Mike Sonko left red-faced after photoshopping himself next to Nelson Mandela
- 4 Government delays EU immigration report because it is too positive
- 5 'I'm experiencing austerity as well', says Princess Michael of Kent
- < Previous
- Next >