Letter: A Nato farce
Wednesday 12 May 1999
When did this happen? The only people to pin down German panzer divisions in 1941 were the Russians in the Battle for Moscow. The Kingdom of Yugoslavia collapsed in about three weeks after the German-Italian invasion in April 1941.
Later on, Tito's partisans did pin down quite a few German infantry and security divisions, but only after Tito and his Communists had won a civil- war with Mihailovic's royalists in 1942-43. By that time, the vast bulk of the German army was bogged down in Russia and was unable to crush the Yugoslav partisans.
Apart from that, I enjoy Mr Dalrymple's articles, which I find to be well informed.
Artists unveils new exhibition inspired by Hastings beachart
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 I was a Woman Against Feminism too
- 2 Fifty Shades of Grey movie trailer released: First look at Jamie Dornan as Christian Grey
- 3 Is Gideon Levy the most hated man in Israel or just the most heroic?
- 4 Students offered grants if they tweet pro-Israeli propaganda
- 5 The Tory donor whose firm is one of Britain’s biggest tax avoiders - with HMRC's blessing
Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: Vladimir Putin is given 'one last chance' to end hostilities in Ukraine
The 'scroungers’ fight back: The welfare claimants battling to alter stereotypes
The truth about conspiracy theories is that some require considering
Arizona execution lasts two hours as killer Joseph Wood left 'snorting and gasping' for air
Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: Ukrainian military jet was flying close to passenger plane before it was shot down, says Russian officer
Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: Massive rise in sale of British arms to Russia