Letter: After the war...
Friday 07 May 1999
It said that, to make room for their expanding numbers, the Albanians were driving the Serbs out of Kosovo, by methods with which we were familiar in Northern Ireland.
Of course the individuals being driven out of Kosovo are pitiful victims, and nothing excuses the Serb massacres of Albanian males. Still, it was Kosovo Albanians who started the fight.
The public is being led to see our role as that of a white knight coming to the aid of a distressed maiden, when it is really an intervention in a fight between two thugs, on behalf of the thug who threw the first punch.
Dr ERNEST RUDD
Grace Dent on TV The Secret Life of the Pub is sexist, ageist and a breath of fresh air
Art Megumi Igarashi criticises Japan's 'backwards' attitude to women's sexual expression
tv Singer could become the most unlikely star of Westeros
Ray Davies' Sunny Afternoon scoops the most awardsTheatre
Grace DentChannel 4 show proves there's no app for happiness
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 This is what happens when you tattoo Charmander on yourself, drunk, and with no experience
- 2 BBC election debate: The one photo that summed up the whole 90-minute leaders debate
- 3 18th century sex toy found in 'toilet of sword fighting school' in Poland
- 4 The Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice trailer has leaked – watch
- 5 Rebecca Francis accuses Ricky Gervais of using 'influence' to target female hunters after receiving barrage of death threats
The only black face in the Ukip manifesto is on the page about overseas aid
Ukip is the only main political party to not address LGBT rights in its manifesto
If I’m being racially abused I don’t need a white stranger with a saviour complex to rescue me
BBC election debate: The one photo that summed up the whole 90-minute leaders debate
Religion isn't growing, it is becoming vigorous in its demise, says philosopher AC Grayling
Russian warships in English Channel 'to conduct anti-aircraft and anti-submarine military drills'