Letter: Balkan problems
Monday 05 October 1998
May I remind him of the arms embargo, Hurd's so-called level playing field, the mandate of our troops to take no action unless they were attacked, the humiliation of food convoys turned back in Serb efforts to starve the besieged townspeople and the "safe havens" and lastly the attempts to prevent air strikes by the US?
Does Mr Howard remember Vukovar and Srebrenica and the massacres of Sarajevo?
What did his government do then? But he is right. This government has gone down the same road of appeasement.
K M DAVIS
Arts & Ents blogs
The 50 Best Christmas songs: Bells continue to ring for the Pogues' 'Fairytale of New York'
X Factor winners: Where are they now?
Dancing on Ice 2014 line-up revealed
Ben Whishaw to play Freddie Mercury in Dexter Fletcher film
Doctor Who writer Steven Moffat: Peter Capaldi is worlds away from Malcolm Tucker
- 1 Nelson Mandela memorial sign language interpreter was a 'fake'
- 2 It’s shameful that our universities have accepted gender segregation under pressure from the most oppressive religious fanatics
- 3 Kenyan politician Mike Sonko left red-faced after photoshopping himself next to Nelson Mandela
- 4 Exeter to Edinburgh and back in a day: How one fresher's lost bet left him facing a 900-mile round trip
- 5 Selfie at funeral: Cameron squeezes in on Obama snap at Mandela memorial
- < Previous
- Next >