Letter: Battle over Kosovo
What is the difference that makes world opinion call for Nato to bomb the Serbs, while ignoring the Israelis? Indeed, Israel is benefiting from Nato's distraction of international attention and is taking the opportunity to pursue its Milosevician ends and create demographic "facts" almost unnoticed.
I have personally experienced the distress felt by the Kosovo refugees. Fifty-one years ago, as a child on a stretcher with four wounds caused by a Zionist terrorist grenade in Jaffa, I left Palestine, together with thousands of others, in a procession not very different from those of the Kosovo refugees seen daily on television.
After half a century, the process of ethnic cleansing, settlement and colonisation in the Middle East, of which I was a victim, has not yet stopped .
Grace Dent on TV The Secret Life of the Pub is sexist, ageist and a breath of fresh air
Art Megumi Igarashi criticises Japan's 'backwards' attitude to women's sexual expression
tv Singer could become the most unlikely star of Westeros
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Sofyen Belamouadden murder: The inside story of a crime that horrified Britain
- 2 How to turn off/stop 'seen by' on Facebook: Disable it to make your chats seem less passive aggressive
- 3 Company breaks open Apple Watch to discover what it says is 'planned obsolescence'
- 4 'We're not heroes, just tourists': Swedish police officers on holiday stop vicious assault on New York subway
- 5 Buckingham Palace guard who attacked passers-by in 'most most violent piece of CCTV footage' police officer had seen walks free
The sickening truth about food banks that the Tories don't want you to know
Migrant boat disaster: Ukip candidate mocks victims in sickening Twitter post
Nigel Farage wants the BBC to stop making programmes like Doctor Who, Strictly Come Dancing, and Top Gear
Global warming: Scientists say temperatures could rise by 6C by 2100 and call for action ahead of UN meeting in Paris
General Election 2015: Britain would become a 'communist dictatorship' under Ed Miliband and Nicola Sturgeon, claims wife of Michael Gove
Rupert Murdoch berated Sun journalists for not doing enough to attack Ed Miliband and stop him winning the general election