Letter: Battle over Kosovo
What is the difference that makes world opinion call for Nato to bomb the Serbs, while ignoring the Israelis? Indeed, Israel is benefiting from Nato's distraction of international attention and is taking the opportunity to pursue its Milosevician ends and create demographic "facts" almost unnoticed.
I have personally experienced the distress felt by the Kosovo refugees. Fifty-one years ago, as a child on a stretcher with four wounds caused by a Zionist terrorist grenade in Jaffa, I left Palestine, together with thousands of others, in a procession not very different from those of the Kosovo refugees seen daily on television.
After half a century, the process of ethnic cleansing, settlement and colonisation in the Middle East, of which I was a victim, has not yet stopped .
Children's bookseller wins The Independent's new author search
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Nokia no more: Microsoft drops once-ubiquitous mobile name – in favour of its Lumia brand
- 2 Renee Zellweger on plastic surgery: 'I'm living a more fulfilling life and I'm thrilled that perhaps it shows'
- 3 Jimmy Carr's controversial Oscar Pistorius joke goes too far at the Q Awards
- 4 Australian café owner sparks debate after saying 'No' to having unruly children on premises
- 5 NHS staff banned from drinking tea or coffee on the job because it looks like they're not working hard enough
MOBO Awards 2014: Jess Glynne hits out at 'ridiculous' criticism of nominated white artists
American Horror Story season 4, Fox - TV review: Silly, sensational and sensitive
MOBO awards 2014: Sam Smith sweeps the board with four gongs
The Apprentice, episode 3 - review: Lord Sugar hacks away at the deadwood with another double elimination
Channel 5 set to give Big Brother the cold shoulder