Letter: Blair `shock-troops'
Their policy wish-list includes legalising drugs, abolishing the monarchy, scrapping all ties with the trade unions and introducing PR. Second Term asks the Labour government not to lose its nerve with the pressures of life in government. It also argues that Labour should listen to the silent majority of the party.
Second Term should spend less time lecturing and more time listening to the hard-working, decent majority that elected New Labour. The sooner this arrogant elite of middle class Johnny-come-latelys stop playing campus politics the better.
I am sure the Government has better things to do than pay attention to right-wing Trots who think that tinkering with the constitution in dope- filled rooms is more important than investing in education or rebuilding the NHS.
Conisbrough, South Yorkshire
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Sainsbury's '50p challenge' poster telling staff to encourage customers to spend more placed in shop window instead of staff room
- 2 Five-year-old Iris Grace is raising awareness of autism through her extraordinary paintings
- 3 Isis an hour away from Baghdad - with no sign of Iraq army being able to make a successful counter-attack
- 4 Yes, the iPhone 6 is a miracle, but it's Apple's tax affairs that deserve a double take
- 5 Car tax disc changes: Two days to go - and they affect you much more than just not displaying a piece of paper
Before They Pass Away: In pictures
Kylie Minogue, Kiss Me Once tour, London O2 - review: Pop princess still reigns supreme
Miranda Hart and Sarah Millican lead female comedy breakthrough
'Before They Pass Away': Endangered communities photographed 'like Kate Moss'
The Simpsons death: Character killed off - but not the one you thought
Isis, we are told, is a 'clear and dangerous threat to our way of life'. I’m sorry, but I just don’t buy it
Exclusive: 'Putin's Russia has been my biggest regret,' says Nato's outgoing Secretary General
The Osborne Ultimatum: Chancellor’s benefits freeze bombshell will affect ten million households
There’s no excuse for Dave Lee Travis’s behaviour, but we need to keep a sense of proportion
Should gay sex be illegal? 16% of Britons think so
Mark Reckless becomes second Tory MP to defect to Ukip in a month
- < Previous
- Next >