Letter: Clinton vs puritans
Tuesday 15 September 1998
Sir: Kenneth Starr's undignified slavering over the details of Bill Clinton's sex life testifies to nothing so much as his narrow horizons. As his fellow American Woody Allen taught us, "Sex is dirty; at least it is if you're doing it right."
And why are 'southern' ways of speaking spreading north?
life + styleClarissa Baldwin is the brains behind the slogan 'A Dog is for Life not just for Christmas'
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 2 A forgotten episode in Russian history leaves links with the Philippines
- 3 Scientists sequence oldest human DNA from fossilised leg bone found in Spain
- 4 Cannabis can cause man boobs, US surgeon claims
- 5 Joanna Lumley’s garden bridge over the Thames gets £30m seal of approval from Government