Letter: EU nightmare
The European Parliament exactly conforms to that old joke definition of a committee as a group of people who, individually, can do nothing, who meet to decide, collectively, that nothing can be done.
The experience last week has convinced me that my fellow UK Independence Party MEPs and I must work hard to extract Britain from this bureaucratic nightmare and make all 87 of Britain's MEPs redundant.
When that happy day arrives, Terry Wynn MEP (letter, 20 July) will no longer have to endure the guilt and frustration he so obviously feels about accepting tax-payers' money for being, by his own admission, ineffectual.
NIGEL FARAGE MEP
United Kingdom Independence Party
Arts & Ents blogs
Britain's top vet sparks controversy with call for ban on slashing animals' throats in 'ritual' slaughters for halal and kosher meat products
If you're horrified by a flame-roasted dog, you should be shocked at a hog roast
Poor 'live like animals' says Boris's privately educated sister after going on 'poverty safari'
Exclusive: Impact of immigrants on British workers ‘negligible’
Vince Cable: Teachers 'know absolutely nothing' about the world of work
Ukraine crisis: Russia pledges to 'retaliate against sanctions' as Ukrainian president says Crimea vote will not be recognised
- 1 International Women's Day 2014: The shocking statistics that show why it is still so important
- 2 Orgasm machine to deliver climax at the push of a button
- 3 Dear 'The Sun', breast cancer isn't sexy
- 4 Teacher shows sex tape featuring herself to pupils during class by mistake
- 5 Singapore sting: Sky-high prices are pushing locals to the edge of affordability