Letter: EU pitfall for Blair
Friday 05 March 1999
EU pitfall for Blair
Sir: C Crofton-Sleigh seems to have superior knowledge to the rest of us (letter, 3 March). If people vote "no" to EMU in any referendum, it would apparently be because Mr Murdoch has wickedly seduced them.
Your correspondent then makes the glib statement that the UK's foreign policy is determined by the US. Not last time I looked it wasn't.
The EU is currently set on a common foreign and security policy. If one really wants to see the UK's foreign policy disappear then that is the way to do it. And voting for EMU would be voting for national suicide. And I have a brain to think with independently of Mr Murdoch.
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Half of young women unable to ‘locate vagina’ and 65% find it difficult to say the word
- 2 Perez Hilton apologises for Jennifer Lawrence naked photo leak
- 3 A teacher speaks out: 'I'm effectively being forced out of a career that I wanted to love'
- 4 Mexican woman becomes world’s 'oldest person' at 127
- 5 Jennifer Lawrence 'naked sex video' will be leaked threatens 4Chan celebrity photo hacker
Rotherham child sex abuse scandal: Labour Home Office to be probed over what Tony Blair's government knew - and when
What do immigrants really think of Britain? Polish immigrant's Reddit post goes viral
Ashya King: Parents of five-year-old boy refused permission to visit him in hospital and denied bail at Spanish court
With Douglas Carswell joining Ukip, my party has taken another giant step forward
When elitism grips the top of British society to this extent, there is only one answer: abolish private schools
Ashya King: 'Cruel NHS has not given us the treatment we need', says father of five-year-old with brain tumour who fled to Spain