Letter: EU pitfall for Blair
Friday 05 March 1999
EU pitfall for Blair
Sir: C Crofton-Sleigh seems to have superior knowledge to the rest of us (letter, 3 March). If people vote "no" to EMU in any referendum, it would apparently be because Mr Murdoch has wickedly seduced them.
Your correspondent then makes the glib statement that the UK's foreign policy is determined by the US. Not last time I looked it wasn't.
The EU is currently set on a common foreign and security policy. If one really wants to see the UK's foreign policy disappear then that is the way to do it. And voting for EMU would be voting for national suicide. And I have a brain to think with independently of Mr Murdoch.
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Snoop Dogg and Jared Leto buy a stake in Reddit as A-list invests $50m
- 2 Prince held a Facebook Q&A and this is the only question he answered
- 3 Car tax disc changes: Two days to go - and they affect you much more than just not displaying a piece of paper
- 4 Now we know whose fault it is if you end up being murdered in Thailand
- 5 35,000 walrus gather ashore on north-west Alaska beach 'for a rest'
Exclusive: 'Putin's Russia has been my biggest regret,' says Nato's outgoing Secretary General
The Osborne Ultimatum: Chancellor’s benefits freeze bombshell will affect ten million households
There’s no excuse for Dave Lee Travis’s behaviour, but we need to keep a sense of proportion
Should gay sex be illegal? 16% of Britons think so
Mark Reckless becomes second Tory MP to defect to Ukip in a month
Benefits 'smart cards' plan revealed by Iain Duncan Smith to stop claimants spending welfare money on alcohol
- < Previous
- Next >