Letter: Hanging basket case
Saturday 19 June 1999
Colour, colour, colour is an affront to true gardening philosophy. The time is overdue to move towards a truer vision of the association of plants with buildings. Shrubs, perennials, climbing plants, even bulbs are part of the immense range of possibilities. Roses, clematis, honeysuckle, grown in the ground or in pots. Colour and form are there the whole year round.
I invite gardeners, plant centres and the gardening media to unite in a crusade to transform the appearance of our buildings from attachments of little bitty apologies of colour into a true harmony of plant forms and buildings.
East Bergholt, Essex
Listen to his collaboration with Naughty Boymusic
Film review Michael Glatze biopic isn't about a self-hating gay man gone straight
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Katie Hopkins attacked me on Twitter — so I reported her to the police for inciting racial hatred
- 2 Google April Fools': company unveils backwards search engine and huggable digital assistant
- 3 I might be an MP, but that doesn't stop me fighting sexism with my breasts
- 4 April Fools' Day 2015: The best hoax news stories from around the internet
- 5 Gamers confess the worst things they've done in The Sims
Katie Hopkins attacked me on Twitter — so I reported her to the police for inciting racial hatred
Street preacher quoting from the Bible fined for calling homosexuality an 'abomination'
Woman filmed launching racist tirade against men on the Tube for speaking in 'own lingo'
David Cameron calls Labour 'hopeless, sneering socialists' while announcing 7-day NHS plans
Revealed: Putin's army of pro-Kremlin bloggers
Katie Hopkins reported to the police for race hatred by Labour MP Simon Danczuk after tweet about Pakistani men