Letter: Harsh drugs verdict
Thursday 23 December 1999
As a former chairman of the Board of Her Majesty's Customs and Excise, and therefore closely involved in the task of preventing illegal drugs from entering the United Kingdom, I have experience of the human and social evils of drug trafficking and the other criminal activities associated with it. I have no sympathy whatsoever with those who are responsible. But I must say that the law seems to have been heavy-handed in this case, where greater understanding of the difficulties of those running such centres, which must inevitably attract criminal elements, is called for.
Sir BRIAN UNWIN
Listen to his collaboration with Naughty Boymusic
Film review Michael Glatze biopic isn't about a self-hating gay man gone straight
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Katie Hopkins attacked me on Twitter — so I reported her to the police for inciting racial hatred
- 2 Google April Fools': company unveils backwards search engine and huggable digital assistant
- 3 I might be an MP, but that doesn't stop me fighting sexism with my breasts
- 4 April Fools' Day 2015: The best hoax news stories from around the internet
- 5 Gamers confess the worst things they've done in The Sims
Katie Hopkins attacked me on Twitter — so I reported her to the police for inciting racial hatred
Street preacher quoting from the Bible fined for calling homosexuality an 'abomination'
Woman filmed launching racist tirade against men on the Tube for speaking in 'own lingo'
David Cameron calls Labour 'hopeless, sneering socialists' while announcing 7-day NHS plans
Revealed: Putin's army of pro-Kremlin bloggers
Katie Hopkins reported to the police for race hatred by Labour MP Simon Danczuk after tweet about Pakistani men