Letter: Hope for Kosovo
Wednesday 26 May 1999
I phoned the Air Ministry to complain. Why was it so low? "It is absolutely essential for training purposes, sir," was the reply. It now seems that bombs are dropped from such a height that tractors cannot be distinguished from tanks and a bus can travel to the middle of a bridge in the time it takes from dropping the bomb to its explosion.
Were my children and so many others terrified for no good purpose, or will we eventually see the training which terrified them used in order that the soldiers who are committing the acts of genocide are killed rather than civilians.
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Gun instructor accidentally shot dead by nine-year-old girl with Uzi gun
- 2 Miley Cyrus' homeless MTV VMAs date, Jesse Helt, is wanted by the police
- 3 Notting Hill Carnival: Woman shares selfie after being ‘punched in face for telling man to stop groping her’
- 4 Pamela Anderson rejects ice bucket challenge because of ALS experiments on animals: 'Mice had holes drilled into their skulls'
- 5 Homer Simpson has taken the ALS ice bucket challenge because of course he has
Exclusive: We share blame for creating 'jihad generation', says Muslim strategist
Robin Williams Emmys tribute led by Billy Crystal criticised for including 'racist' joke about Muslim woman
The Rotherham child abuse scandal is a tale of apologists, misogyny and double standards
Scottish independence TV debate: Pumped-up Alex Salmond bounces back in bruising second round against Alistair Darling
Do you realise just how foolish the UK looks?
Jeremy Clarkson is a cultural tumour and needs to be removed, says comedian Frankie Boyle
- < Previous
- Next >