Letter: Humiliating Iraq
Thursday 06 August 1998
Mr Cook should put words into deeds regarding an ethical foreign policy and heed the opinion of the UN Humanitarian Co-ordinator for Iraq, Denis Halliday, who believes that sanctions have been causing untold suffering to 23 million Iraqis and should be ended and that humanitarian aid was "only band-aid stuff".
Arts & Ents blogs
Sherlock series 3: Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman provide teasers for the biggest comeback in British television
Miley Cyrus, Robin Thicke and Lady Gaga attacked by Noel Gallagher in 2013 music rant
Sir Elton John lashes out at Russia’s anti-gay laws in Moscow show
Doctor Who Christmas special 2013: New pictures released of Matt Smith's finale
Grace Dent on TV: Imagine – Who’s Afraid of Machiavelli?
- 1 Cameron's freebie to apartheid South Africa
- 2 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 3 Sherlock series 3: Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman provide teasers for the biggest comeback in British television
- 4 A forgotten episode in Russian history leaves links with the Philippines
- 5 People will try to reduce Mandela to a lilting reggae tune about ‘love’. They will fail
- < Previous
- Next >