Letter: In Brief

Click to follow
The Independent Culture
Sir: I enjoyed Annie Bell's article on green tea in Britain (26 June) despite a couple of minor errors. First, the powdered form of green tea is called matcha, not matcho. The "cha" in sencha and matcha is Japanese for "tea". Second, the traditional Japanese diet includes some unusual delicacies, but I have never heard of anyone tucking into raw jellyfish. However, a dried form of jellyfish, marinated in vinegar and sugar, is eaten in some parts of the country.


Food and Drink Editor

"The Daily Yomiuri"