Letter: Iraq's Blitz spirit
Andrew Chadwick is Professor of Political Science and Founding Director of the New Political Communication Unit in the Department of Politics and International Relations at Royal Holloway, University of London. His latest book 'The Hybrid Media System: Politics and Power' will be published by Oxford University Press in 2013. He has recently started a new research project examining the democratic implications of the new forms of political activism that combine “lifestyle” celebrities with distributed networks of engagement.
Tuesday 22 December 1998
An emergency do-it-yourself medical facility could be added (with instructions in Arabic) for any unfortunate victim of collateral damage. In this way the "tough and tender" bomb would accurately target its intended recipients in addition to fostering the spirit of self-help.
The bomb would not only encapsulate the principles of this government but could also provide valuable export revenue if properly marketed.
I hope the powers that be are listening.
Final Top Gear reviewTV
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Isis propaganda video shows 25 Syrian soldiers executed by teenage militants in Palmyra
- 2 Number of young homeless people in Britain is 'more than three times the official figures'
- 3 The map showing the most dangerous tourist destinations in Europe, according to the Foreign Office
- 4 Right to die: Belgian doctors rule depressed 24-year-old woman has right to end her life
- 5 The biggest first date turnoff has been revealed
Nathan Collier: Montana man inspired by same-sex marriage ruling requests right to wed two wives
More Britons believe that multiculturalism makes the country worse - not better, says poll
Greece crisis: IMF was pushed around by Angela Merkel and Nicholas Sarkozy – and now it is being humiliated
'I wish the BBC would stop calling it Islamic State' – David Cameron unleashes frustration at broadcaster
Forget little green men – aliens will look like humans, says Cambridge University evolution expert
Girl, 7, stares down hate preacher at Ohio festival with pro-LGBT rainbow flag gesture