Letter: Little Hitler
Sir: There have been more assertions of "another Hitler" than there have been Elvis sightings. Stalin was Hitler of course as was every other leader of the Soviet Union. Alongside these Hitler impersonators were Mao, Ho Chi Minh, Nasser, Noriega, Gaddafi, Castro, Lumumba, Saddam, Sukarno and now Milosevic. All genuine replacement Hitlers with evil plans to conquer the free world.
Maybe I have missed a few; maybe I am also cynical because all these new Hitlers seem to resent being told what to do by the West. For the record, I want to be the first to say that I am certain that William Clinton is another Hitler and he has to be stopped.
musicReview: Culture Club performs live for first time in 12 years
Children's bookseller wins The Independent's new author search
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Russell Brand says he will 'probably' give up acting to focus on his revolution
- 2 Watch what happened when food critics were unknowingly served McDonald's
- 3 David Beckham's Haig Club whisky is exactly what’s wrong with the Highlands
- 4 Queen's first tweet: Reply telling Her Majesty to 'f*** off' broadcast on BBC News
- 5 #AskNigelFarage: Twitter starts hilarious Q&A for Ukip leader
Of course, teenage girls need role models – but not like beauty vlogger Zoella
Support for EU membership 'at highest level since 1991' with most Brits wanting to stay 'in'
Tony Blair 'says Ed Miliband will lose 2015 general election'
Thousands with degenerative conditions classified as 'fit to work in future' – despite no possibility of improvement
Putin: The US is to blame for almost all the world's major conflicts
Attacks on 'Ukip Calypso' show how skewed people’s priorities are