Letter: Nato aim unclear
Saturday 03 April 1999
We are reading and hearing a number of pronouncements on international law these days. It is getting a bit like quoting the Bible. Choose the parts that support your beliefs, but don't worry too much about being selective.
International law on armed conflict and on human rights is complex and is not easily reduced to a couple of simple propositions. The right not to be murdered, raped, driven out, dispossessed, massacred or maimed is clear, but the law on intervention is not.
X Factor judge will appear in court later this month
The Google future, including microphones in every ceiling and data sent directly to your brain
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Gurdwaras-turned-food banks: Sikh temples are catering for rise in Britain’s hungry
- 2 Council bans use of word ‘Commie’ – but ‘fascist’ and ‘Nazi’ are fine
- 3 The poorest pay the price for austerity: Workers face biggest fall in living standards since Victorian era
- 4 Newly vegan Beyoncé wears fox fur to dine in meat free restaurant
- 5 'I'm experiencing austerity as well', says Princess Michael of Kent
- < Previous
- Next >