Letter: No `collapse'
Monday 01 February 1999
The transcript of my evidence apparently records me as saying that, on learning of the intention to launch the private prosecution, "I collapsed in the street". In fact my collapse occurred some two weeks earlier due to my medical condition and had nothing to do with the murder. The relevance of this was that, as accurately reported, I was ill at home when I heard of the private prosecution and contacted Imran Khan in an effort to stop or delay the private prosecution.
As this "collapse" is in danger of assuming legendary proportions, I would be grateful if the record could be put straight.
Former Assistant Chief Crown Prosecutor
Geoffrey Macnab reviews The Desolation of Smaug - the meat in Peter Jackson's Hobbit sandwich
Chiwetel Ejiofor and Idris Elba get nods for Best Actor, which no black Brit has ever won
voicesJust when you thought you could find a man, get married, and have a baby by the age of 35... it turns out you’re too late, says Grace Dent
Swedish stars ask fans for £195 pledges on crowd-funding website
Arts & Ents blogs
The desolation of the Weinstein brothers: Film producers sue Warner Bros for $75m over Hobbit films
Your Money, Money, Money please - Abba ask fans for £195 pledges on direct-to-fan website
The Hobbit: The Desolation Of Smaug review
Not all right on the night
Lost Peter Sellers films Dearth of a Salesman and Insomnia Is Good for You hailed as the movie equivalent of 'finding Dead Sea Scrolls'
- 1 Nelson Mandela memorial: ‘Bogus’ sign language interpreter made mockery of Barack Obama’s tribute in Soweto
- 2 French café starts charging extra to rude customers
- 3 Australia: Gay marriage law reversed by high court less than a week after first weddings
- 4 Not all right on the night
- 5 Australia incest case: Severely deformed children found in remote farming community after generations of inbreeding
- < Previous
- Next >