Letter: Palace coup
Tuesday 30 March 1999
What they and the Crystal Palace Campaign ("A whiff of the secret state in a suburb", 15 March) wish to deny the local community is much more than just a leisure development. They are also trying to deny the business and resident communities access to a pounds 150m regeneration scheme which will include the creation of 1,100 new full-time jobs, 120 new businesses and expenditure of pounds 5m on training and educational projects.
They would also deny us the opportunity to expand and improve the historical Crystal Palace Park they claim to defend.
Your article gives a figure of 2,000 police and security guards as being present; 300 is more accurate.
Leader, Liberal Democrat Group
Leader, Labour Group
Leader, Conservative Group
Bromley Council, Kent
Robin Thicke admits he didn't write 'Blurred Lines'music
Review: Cilla, ITV TV
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Hilary Mantel 'should be investigated by police' over Margaret Thatcher assassination story, says Lord Bell
- 2 Stamford Hill council removes 'unacceptable' posters telling women which side of the road to walk down
- 3 Kim Kardashian 'nude pictures' leaked on 4chan weeks after Jennifer Lawrence 'The Fappening' scandal
- 4 Alex Salmond: 'The rocks would melt with the sun before I'd ever set foot in the House of Lords'
- 5 Ice Bucket Challenge: US firefighter Tony Grider dies after participating in charity craze near power lines
Scottish independence referendum: A nation divided against itself
Scottish referendum results: Cross-party consensus collapses amid Tory-Labour spat on the 'English question'
Scottish independence: David Cameron is becoming the 'George Bush of Britain'
Plebgate MP Andrew Mitchell called officer a 'little s**t', claim court documents 'exposing ex-Chief Whip's 'record of abusing police'
Hilary Mantel 'should be investigated by police' over Margaret Thatcher assassination story, says Lord Bell
Archbishop of Canterbury admits doubts about existence of God