Letter: Secular spin
Wednesday 30 June 1999
As for questions about increased numbers and lowering standards, more rigorous selection at the preliminary and diocesan stages means fewer candidates at national selection conferences are disappointed.
To whom will they preach? All those worshippers and parishioners who used to appear in our statistics and all those who did not. It was their non-appearance in the statistics, not their non-appearance in church, we did not wish to publicise.
Church of England
Is the comedy album making a comeback?comedy
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Woman and two children killed by mob in riots over 'blasphemous' Facebook post in Pakistan
- 2 The secret report that helps Israelis to hide facts
- 3 Danish TV reporter is all business up top, all party down below
- 4 Ross Burden dead: MasterChef and Ready Steady Cook star, dies aged 45
- 5 Businessman charged £75 for three small bottles of water in London hotel
The secret report that helps Israelis to hide facts
A day in the life of Vladimir Putin: The dictator in his labyrinth
A new Russian revolution: The cracks are starting to appear in Putin’s Kremlin power bloc
Were 'Poor Doors' added to mixed developments so wealthy residents don't have to go in alongside social housing tenants?
Arizona execution lasts two hours as killer Joseph Wood left 'snorting and gasping' for air
Opponents of Israel's military operation in Gaza are the real enemies of Middle Eastern peace