Letter: So much hot air
Thursday 05 November 1998
A juggernaut takes a lot of stopping. The present UK electricity supply system took some 40 or so years to create. It could easily take just as long to switch to a more CO2-friendly mixture of technologies, especially if we include transport and efforts to cut disproportionate per capita energy use.
This "deliverability" issue should be high on the agenda at Buenos Aires. We urgently need real commitment from the big CO2-emitters this time around.
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Cara Delevigne addresses awkward interview on Good Day Sacramento
- 2 Top Gear team of Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May officially heading to Amazon Prime for new car show
- 3 Stuart Baggs: Apprentice star 'The Brand' found dead aged 27
- 4 How to cancel Amazon Prime: after Top Gear hiring, how to leave premium service
- 5 MH370 debris: Investigators 'confident' that Boeing 777 wing found - live updates
Top Gear hires female executive producer Lisa Clark amid reports Jodie Kidd will join Chris Evans fronted show
Frank Ocean, where's that new album at?
Top Gear team of Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May officially heading to Amazon Prime for new car show
Jon Snow not dead? Kit Harington spotted in Belfast where Game of Thrones season 6 is filming
Top Gear: Jenson Button reportedly joining Chris Evans as replacement host
Yvette Cooper: Our choice is years of Tory rule under Jeremy Corbyn – or a return to a Labour government
Labour leadership contender Jeremy Corbyn says 'we can learn a great deal from Karl Marx'
I am the Jeremy Corbyn supporter that many will tell you doesn't exist
Public anger after French sunbather beaten up by gang for wearing a bikini in Reims park
Labour leadership: New poll shows party is now even 'less electable' than under Ed Miliband
Calais crisis: For desperate migrants it is 'England or death' as they brave dogs, riot police and speeding trains