Letter: Stay-at-home dogs
Friday 06 August 1999
However, I entirely agree with Buster about the undesirability of some foreign holidays for pets.
Pet passports are going to be wonderful for expats returning to live in this country, or for people driving to the foreign countryside for a really "dog-walking" kind of holiday. But I have a horrid premonition that some pretentious, thoughtless exhibitionists will think it smart to take their dog to the Costa del Sol, almost as a "holiday accessory", with no thought for the dog's reaction to a possibly terrifying flight and an unsuitable destination.
Is the comedy album making a comeback?comedy
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 If you weren't afraid of flying before last week... you probably are now
- 2 Israel-Gaza conflict: The secret report that helps Israelis to hide facts
- 3 Students offered grants if they tweet pro-Israeli propaganda
- 4 Lauren Goodger calls for tougher laws on revenge porn after sex tape leaks online
- 5 Iraq crisis: End 'very near' for Christianity after Isis takeover, says Bishop
Israel-Gaza conflict: The secret report that helps Israelis to hide facts
A day in the life of Vladimir Putin: The dictator in his labyrinth
Opponents of Israel's military operation in Gaza are the real enemies of Middle Eastern peace
Were 'Poor Doors' added to mixed developments so wealthy residents don't have to go in alongside social housing tenants?
Arizona execution lasts two hours as killer Joseph Wood left 'snorting and gasping' for air
Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: Massive rise in sale of British arms to Russia