Letter: Team players
Wednesday 10 November 1999
Quite simply, they are to be found throughout British business, from the corner shop and the local hairdresser to boardrooms in which multi- million-pound deals are made.
Perhaps I could add that I am mystified by Mr Storr's assertion that my use of the football analogy totally destroys my argument that, in a "winner takes all culture", the pay of "stars" is pulling away from others. There is no doubt that the pay of Alan Shearer and his peers is in a different league (in more senses than one) from a third division goalie. And the inequalities are rising.
Head of the Policy Unit
Institute of Directors
tvSteven Moffat reveals the actor was dying to take on the role of the Time Lord and says he is excited to see what he will do with the character
Arts & Ents blogs
The 50 Best Christmas songs: Bells continue to ring for the Pogues' 'Fairytale of New York'
X Factor winners: Where are they now?
Dancing on Ice 2014 line-up revealed
Ben Whishaw to play Freddie Mercury in Dexter Fletcher film
Doctor Who writer Steven Moffat: Peter Capaldi is worlds away from Malcolm Tucker
- 1 Nelson Mandela memorial sign language interpreter was a 'fake'
- 2 It’s shameful that our universities have accepted gender segregation under pressure from the most oppressive religious fanatics
- 3 Sir Ian McKellen hits back at Damian Lewis' 'fruity actor' claims
- 4 Kenyan politician Mike Sonko left red-faced after photoshopping himself next to Nelson Mandela
- 5 Selfie at funeral: Cameron squeezes in on Obama snap at Mandela memorial
- < Previous
- Next >