Letter: Tortoise `racism'
Thursday 11 November 1999
I suggest we re-name him "Adolph" and record his final agony to educate schoolchildren in the stupidity of racism. This could culminate in a photo of him lying dead in the zoo, maggots crawling out of his eye-sockets, with the caption, "See, kids: this is what happens to racists."
The successful matriarchs and patriarchs of today's species and sub-species were, by definition, individuals who were willing to take a chance on sex. This time, let's let a sub-species kill itself off out of its own genetic stupidity, as a lesson for our troubled age.
Maisie Williams single-handedly rises to the challengeTV
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 2 Kim Kardashian on Bruce Jenner's 'story': 'We support him no matter what, and I think when the time is right, he'll talk'
- 3 Russian girl takes her own life after parents find pornography on her computer
- 4 Ball pool for adults opens in London
- 5 Amal Clooney gives excellent response to fashion question at European Court of Human Rights
9 reasons Greece's experiment with the radical left is doomed to failure
'We would evict Queen from Buckingham Palace and allocate her council house,' say Greens
Have we reached 'peak food'? Shortages loom as global production rates slow
Greece elections: Syriza and EU on collision course after election win for left-wing party
British grandmother Lindsay Sandiford faces execution by firing squad in Indonesia
Liberal Democrat minister defends comments suggesting immigration causes pub closures