Letter: Tourism kills
Saturday 10 July 1999
Every year, approximately 35,000 bulls are killed in Spanish bullfights - an ordeal thinly disguised as "entertainment". Polls of Spanish citizens show they are not interested in attending bullfights, and many have joined the movement to ban bullfighting.
When tourists stop attending bullfights, profiteers will end this degrading spectacle.
People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals Europe
Simon Calder looks at communities fighting back against the poachers
Arts & Ents blogs
Downton Abbey Christmas special trailer released
Norman Rockwell’s 'Saying Grace' tops record week of art auction sales in US
Metallica play Antarctica: What other bizarre gigs have musicians played?
The man who made Femen: New film outs Victor Svyatski as the mastermind behind the protest group and its breast-baring stunts
Back from the dead? Family Guy's Brian Griffin 'to make a comeback' after fan petition
- 1 A forgotten episode in Russian history leaves links with the Philippines
- 2 Turning up the voice of America
- 3 The man who made Femen: New film outs Victor Svyatski as the mastermind behind the protest group and its breast-baring stunts
- 4 Mass murder in the Middle East is funded by our friends the Saudis
- 5 Japan cracks down on leaks after scandal of Fukushima nuclear power plant
- < Previous
- Next >