Letter: Tracing beef
Monday 15 November 1999
As fruit importers supplying English supermarkets, we require traceability for all the citrus, apples and pears we supply. All our Spanish, French, Dutch and other growers have implemented without argument full traceability from orchard to consumer. Food standards abroad are much better than Mr Hague thinks.
Taking into account the disastrous results of mad cow disease, the least the British producers could do is to offer traceability of their product not only for exports but also for us UK consumers.
And why are 'southern' ways of speaking spreading north?
Arts & Ents blogs
The 50 Best Christmas songs: Bells continue to ring for the Pogues' 'Fairytale of New York'
Stall talk: The arcane rules of chit-chat that take place in the gents'
Paul Walker: Fast and Furious cast release video tribute to late star
Nymphomaniac trailer shown to children at screening of Disney film Frozen
The top gay icons (straight up!)
- 1 Cameron's freebie to apartheid South Africa
- 2 Nelson Mandela life story: An unconquerable spirit
- 3 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 4 A forgotten episode in Russian history leaves links with the Philippines
- 5 Nelson Mandela: From 'terrorist' to tea with the Queen
- < Previous
- Next >