Letter: Traffic choices
Sir: I am a constant user of public transport, which is generally clean, efficient and much much cheaper than running a car. I am fed up with the press campaign, particularly in The Independent, against public transport, and especially your rubbishing of the railways.
I not infrequently travel by coach to London from Bradford, a snip at pounds 15 return. In London the Underground is fast and efficient. I sometimes wonder if I live in a parallel universe.
Are car drivers expected to predict times of departure for every port of call to the minute and then wait, if early, and be considered late if delayed by a few minutes? How many car drivers arrive at their destination hundreds of miles away with such accuracy more than 85 per cent of the time?
Arts & Ents blogs
There is a good many moments in the second episode of this psychological thriller that deserve refle...
The opening titles squeal ‘Never Can Say Goodbye…’. Oh Lord how I wish I could heave this series off...
Even though there was a complete absence of our favourite odd couple Brienne and Jaime, we got anoth...
- 1 'He was lucky he didn't die' - George Michael fell out of speeding car onto M1 motorway, according to eye witness
- 2 Gay couple beaten in park urge MPs to moderate language on gay marriage
- 3 After woman sells virginity for $780,000, here are the results of our prostitution survey
- 4 Far-right French historian, 78-year-old Dominique Venner, commits suicide in Notre Dame in protest against gay marriage
- 5 'It was just like the movie Twister': Man survives Oklahoma tornado by taking refuge in horse stall
BMF is the UK’s biggest and best loved outdoor fitness classes
Find out what The Independent's resident travel expert has to say about one of the most beautiful small cities in the world
Win anything from gadgets to five-star holidays on our competitions and offers page.