Letter: Unnatural farming
Friday 03 September 1999
Anyone comparing meat at our local supermarket with meat at my local butcher (Mr Middlemiss of Otley, prize-winning producer of sausages and pork pies and purveyor of excellent local meat) would be mad to give his custom to the former.
I pay pounds 1 per lb for shoulder (or if I'm feeling flush around pounds 2 for leg) of Wharfedale lamb. It tastes great.
Nothing will convince me that someone in the supermarket distribution chain isn't taking someone for a ride. And anyone who blindly buys at their supermarket deserves everything they get.
Otley, West Yorkshire
Review: Imaginative storytelling returns with vigourfilm
Bannatyne leaves Dragon's DenTV
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Why I'm on the brink of burning my Israeli passport
- 2 Israel-Gaza conflict: ‘Sderot cinema’ image shows Israelis with popcorn and chairs 'cheering as missiles strike Palestinian targets'
- 3 Blackest is the new black: Scientists have developed a material so dark that you can't see it...
- 4 Iraq crisis: How Saudi Arabia helped Isis take over the north of the country
- 5 Barack Obama fist bumps Texas restaurant employee in support of gay rights
Sustained immigration has not harmed Britons' employment, say government advisers
War is war: Why I stand with Israel
Even when it brutalises one of its own teenage citizens, America is helpless against Israel
Socialist Worker called to apologise over ‘vile’ article saying Eton schoolboy Horatio Chapple's death is ‘reason to save the polar bears’
Emergency data law: David Cameron plots to bring back snoopers’ charter
NUT strike: David Cameron announces crackdown on strike action ahead of mass industrial action
- < Previous
- Next >