Letter: Unnatural farming
Friday 03 September 1999
Anyone comparing meat at our local supermarket with meat at my local butcher (Mr Middlemiss of Otley, prize-winning producer of sausages and pork pies and purveyor of excellent local meat) would be mad to give his custom to the former.
I pay pounds 1 per lb for shoulder (or if I'm feeling flush around pounds 2 for leg) of Wharfedale lamb. It tastes great.
Nothing will convince me that someone in the supermarket distribution chain isn't taking someone for a ride. And anyone who blindly buys at their supermarket deserves everything they get.
Otley, West Yorkshire
And why are 'southern' ways of speaking spreading north?
Arts & Ents blogs
The 50 Best Christmas songs: Bells continue to ring for the Pogues' 'Fairytale of New York'
Stall talk: The arcane rules of chit-chat that take place in the gents'
Paul Walker: Fast and Furious cast release video tribute to late star
Nymphomaniac trailer shown to children at screening of Disney film Frozen
The top gay icons (straight up!)
- 1 Cameron's freebie to apartheid South Africa
- 2 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 3 A forgotten episode in Russian history leaves links with the Philippines
- 4 Australian ultra-nationalist politician Stephanie Banister in car crash immigration TV interview
- 5 Nelson Mandela: From 'terrorist' to tea with the Queen
- < Previous
- Next >