Letter: Useless Nato
Thursday 13 May 1999
His assessment contrasts with the Chicken Little panic which gripped much of the media in the wake of the embassy bombing, and the implied fear that Chinese ICBMs will soon rain down on Bognor Regis.
I hope Mr Aaronovitch is read at the White House. As a lifelong Liberal Democrat I have supported Bill Clinton through thick and thin. But now that Mr Clinton has the chance to erase the stain of the Lewinsky affair by forceful leadership with the threat of the use of ground troops he has proven a craven political coward.
Midhurst, West Sussex
Is the comedy album making a comeback?comedy
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Sabina Altynbekova, the girl branded 'too good looking' for volleyball, says social media obsession with her is a 'bit much'
- 2 Disney heiress Abigail disowns her share of family profits in West Bank company
- 3 The secret report that helps Israel hide facts
- 4 'Women should not laugh in public,' says Turkey's Deputy Prime Minister in morality speech
- 5 Israel's propaganda machine is finally starting to misfire
The secret report that helps Israel hide facts
Woman and two children killed by mob in riots over 'blasphemous' Facebook post in Pakistan
A day in the life of Vladimir Putin: The dictator in his labyrinth
Putin is 'thuggish, dishonest and reckless', says British ambassador to US
Richard Dawkins tweets: 'Date rape is bad, stranger rape is worse'
Boozy, ignorant, intolerant, but very polite – Britain as others see us
- < Previous
- Next >