Letters: In Brief
Wednesday 10 June 1998
So, if you believe the Earth is flat, you are no less correct than the majority who believe it is round. Likewise, an Indian yogi who believes he can fly really can defy the law of gravity. Dr House might wish to test his theory by stepping off the top of a tall building.
Dr SIMON JONES
Sir: Does Prince Charles realise that the genetic manipulation he so strongly opposes is the very reason why he exists? In the past the process has taken many generations and has been rather haphazard. He might, for example, like to consider George III. Science can now speed up the process to one or two generations.
Sir: It has been said that football is the "new rock'n'roll". In the light of recent events, I would suggest that football is, in fact, the new darts.
Brighton, East Sussex
Game of Thrones
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 More than 11,000 Icelanders offer to house Syrian refugees to help European crisis
- 2 If these extraordinarily powerful images of a dead Syrian child washed up on a beach don't change Europe's attitude to refugees, what will?
- 3 Senior British politicians tell David Cameron: When dead children are being washed up on beaches – it's time to act
- 4 Make your voice heard: Sign The Independent's petition to welcome refugees
- 5 Refugee crisis: Aylan's life was full of fear - in death, he is part of 'humanity washed ashore'
The real reason Eddie Redmayne was cast as a trans woman in The Danish Girl
First Look at Bryan Cranston transformed into LBJ for HBO’s ‘All the Way’ film
Idris Elba is ‘too street’ to play 007, says James Bond author
This little boy loves books so much that he cries when his mother stops reading to him
Prog rock finally comes of age with launch of the first Official Progressive Chart
Climate change: 2015 will be the hottest year on record 'by a mile', experts say
Senior British politicians tell David Cameron: When dead children are being washed up on beaches – it's time to act
Jeremy Corbyn calls Osama bin Laden's killing a 'tragedy' - but was it taken out of context?
If these extraordinarily powerful images of a dead Syrian child washed up on a beach don't change Europe's attitude to refugees, what will?
If you're not already angry about the refugee crisis, here's a history lesson to remind you why you really should be
Theresa May says migrants should be banned from entering the UK unless they have jobs lined up