Letters: In Brief
Wednesday 10 June 1998
So, if you believe the Earth is flat, you are no less correct than the majority who believe it is round. Likewise, an Indian yogi who believes he can fly really can defy the law of gravity. Dr House might wish to test his theory by stepping off the top of a tall building.
Dr SIMON JONES
Sir: Does Prince Charles realise that the genetic manipulation he so strongly opposes is the very reason why he exists? In the past the process has taken many generations and has been rather haphazard. He might, for example, like to consider George III. Science can now speed up the process to one or two generations.
Sir: It has been said that football is the "new rock'n'roll". In the light of recent events, I would suggest that football is, in fact, the new darts.
Brighton, East Sussex
Is the comedy album making a comeback?comedy
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 If you weren't afraid of flying before last week... you probably are now
- 2 Israel-Gaza conflict: The secret report that helps Israelis to hide facts
- 3 Students offered grants if they tweet pro-Israeli propaganda
- 4 Lauren Goodger calls for tougher laws on revenge porn after sex tape leaks online
- 5 Iraq crisis: End 'very near' for Christianity after Isis takeover, says Bishop
Israel-Gaza conflict: The secret report that helps Israelis to hide facts
A day in the life of Vladimir Putin: The dictator in his labyrinth
Opponents of Israel's military operation in Gaza are the real enemies of Middle Eastern peace
Were 'Poor Doors' added to mixed developments so wealthy residents don't have to go in alongside social housing tenants?
Arizona execution lasts two hours as killer Joseph Wood left 'snorting and gasping' for air
Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: Massive rise in sale of British arms to Russia