Letters: Kosovo formula
Friday 02 July 1999
I totally refute that interpretation. Mr Fisk has followed the Kosovo crisis closely enough to know that my words were a simple distillation of the Nato and G8 demands that Milosevic withdraw his forces from Kosovo, allow in a Nato-led peace-keeping force and permit the return of the refugees.
I deplore all violence in Kosovo, from either side. At my MoD press conference on 21 June I emphasised the urgent need for K-For impartially to eradicate violence from Kosovo. I also appealed to the Serb population to stay in their homes and help build one Kosovo of different communities living alongside each other.
Secretary of State
Ministry of Defence
Books And it is whizzpopping!
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Video of Irish 'professional boxer' fighting Istanbul neighbourhood goes viral in Turkey
- 2 Novel Scarlett Johansson tried to ban, Grégoire Delacourt’s The First Thing You See, to be published in UK
- 3 Toby Sheldon: Justin Bieber lookalike found dead in motel room
- 4 Russia 'accidentally reveals' number of its soldiers killed in eastern Ukraine
- 5 Pregnant teenager Neysi Perez 'wakes up in coffin' a day after her funeral
Strictly Come Dancing contestants 2015: Helen George to join line-up
Friends fan comes up with horribly dark alternative ending to sitcom
Dismaland: The artists doing cooler things than Banksy at his 'bemusement park'
Novel Scarlett Johansson tried to ban, Grégoire Delacourt’s The First Thing You See, to be published in UK
Edinburgh Fringe: 25 funniest jokes of all-time
Dresden riots: Protesters in Germany attack refugee buses shouting 'foreigners out'
France train shooting: US soldiers speak of the moment they stopped gunman and 'beat him until he was unconscious'
Labour leadership: Jeremy Corbyn accused of 'deluding' young supporters with 'claptrap'
'Women only' train carriages: Jeremy Corbyn unveils radical move to tackle public harassment
Black holes are a passage to another universe, says Stephen Hawking
Iain Duncan Smith calls for urgent ESA overhaul as part of drive to cut down welfare costs