Literature: Raymond Carver
Saturday 07 November 1998
It's been 10 years since Carver's untimely death at the age of 50. To mark the occasion, writers including Julian Barnes, Blake Morrison and Graham Swift are lining up to read their favourite Carver stories at a sparkling memorial event. If you enjoyed Altman's film version of Carver's Short Cuts, discover quite how much your body temperature can soar hearing his other stories. Full of life. Always life.
An Evening for Raymond Carver, Battersea Town Hall, Lavender Hill, London SW11 (0171-836 6757) Tues 8pm.
`Where I'm Calling From: The Selected Stories of Raymond Carver' is published by Harvill at pounds 16.99 and available in Waterstones only
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Paul Scholes: Manchester City were so good against Liverpool I felt like turning the television off
- 2 Notting Hill Carnival: Woman shares selfie after being ‘punched in face for telling man to stop groping her’
- 3 Homer Simpson takes the ALS ice bucket challenge because of course he does
- 4 Hello Kitty is not a cat after all
- 5 Botched ice bucket challenge leaves man critically injured after plane drops hundreds of gallons of water
Great British Bake Off, episode 4, review: Heat gets turned up as Iain goes into meltdown
Homer Simpson takes the ALS ice bucket challenge because of course he does
Friends reunion: Jennifer Anniston, Lisa Kudrow and Courteney Cox perform mini sketch on Jimmy Kimmel Live
Kate Bush, Hammersmith Apollo, gig review: Just what everyone was hoping for
Great British Bake Off embroiled in Baked Alaska 'sabotage' scandal
Exclusive: We share blame for creating 'jihad generation', says Muslim strategist
Robin Williams Emmys tribute led by Billy Crystal criticised for including 'racist' joke about Muslim woman
The Rotherham child abuse scandal is a tale of apologists, misogyny and double standards
Scottish independence TV debate: Pumped-up Alex Salmond bounces back in bruising second round against Alistair Darling
Do you realise just how foolish the UK looks?
Ukip Douglas Carswell defection: Tory MP jumps ship to join Nigel Farage
- < Previous
- Next >